SOLD Police Steering Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for this steering wheel. I am informed 1970 B-Bodies used them. Must be black, full horn ring, Dodge emblem.

Needed to complete restoration of my 1971 WSP Polara (photos in the Gallery). Thanks for any assistance.

P1010089-1.jpg

P1010089-1.jpg

I'll need to look at my parts car (69 Polara), that center looks all to familiar.

Alan

Looking for this steering wheel. I am informed 1970 B-Bodies used them. Must be black, full horn ring, Dodge emblem.

Needed to complete restoration of my 1971 WSP Polara (photos in the Gallery). Thanks for any assistance.

View attachment 35747

Yes 70 Plymouth B bodies used that one. 68/9 center was similar but different

There was full and partial ring. You are looking for the full ring only?

Yes 70 Plymouth B bodies used that one. 68/9 center was similar but different

There was full and partial ring. You are looking for the full ring only?

yep..full ring only. apparently WSP used the ring to also activate the siren. i guess a partial ring would do it too but car is not correct without the wheel shown. thanks.

In reference to the horn ring activating the siren: Actually, the siren is set up so that it will run off the horn, when needed. The siren control knob enables this. The horn ring has nothing to do with it, other than the fact that it activates the same connection as the horn. The siren control just re-directs that input to the siren. Police cars still work that way today.

As I recall, the steering wheel was your basic Fury I steering wheel. You should see the same one in an old taxicab.

In reference to the horn ring activating the siren: Actually, the siren is set up so that it will run off the horn, when needed. The siren control knob enables this. The horn ring has nothing to do with it, other than the fact that it activates the same connection as the horn. The siren control just re-directs that input to the siren. Police cars still work that way today.

As I recall, the steering wheel was your basic Fury I steering wheel. You should see the same one in an old taxicab.

I think that was implied in the statement, you honk the horn or you activate the siren.
What was not said is how you chose. On the CHP cars it is a switch on the dash in the factory radio opening.

Alan

thanks for everyone's input.

i have been assured by many people that these steering wheels are "plentiful" as used parts. two weeks of hard looking online tho i havent turned up a used one yet.

before getting a new one, i wanted one with some "patina". so anybody who sees one, and remembers i am looking, please direct me to it.

thanks again in advance.

I have a full horn ring I can sell you. It does not have the pad it is just the ring. The pad part fit over it and it was off a 1969 Plymouth Satellite. Let me knowDSC02051.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back