C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_6878.JPG
IMG_6867.JPG
IMG_6870.JPG
IMG_6868.JPG
IMG_6869.JPG
I recently pulled the carpet out to replace it & install the newly recovered seats. The floor had some surface rust and a couple of very small holes on the pass front. So I cleaned it up & treated it to some me POR 15

Last edited:
Might be ready for Buyit Jackman auctions. These are are much exclusive than Barrett Jackson. So exclusive nobody even knows about them them

POR 15 is fun. ive used it on lots of stuff, including my driveway 0.o be careful where it drips lol.

seriously, POR15 and some fiberglass mesh is the 3rd strongest thing on my car. my whole roof is made out of POR15 and truck bed liner mostly.

try not to die -

- saylor

So will Por15 work here?

I am not a fan of POR15, powder coating, spray in bed liners or anything else that is supposed to be a "permanent" fix for rust etc. The problem is that they are never water tight, and can cause more problems down the road then they solve in the short term.

I prefer a simple tremclad/rustoleum paint...oil based and good adhesion, and can be touched up and repaired very easily. As for protecting lower quarters....just put a bunch of engine oil in there. Little messy for a few weeks, but once the oil gets into the pinched seams/welds it provides all the protection from rust that you could want. Even if you have rust issue right now, the oil will keep the problem from getting worse. I drove my 70 Sport fury year round for a couple years, and had some early rust issues starting....the rust never got worse even though I was driving through the winter months. I do this to all my vehicles, wagon included, a couple times a year. Even if you have

Back