POS part I just got - any way to salvage it???

Their site says that Radio Shack sells the spray cleaner.
It does. Bought a can most recently there.

There's always a line in front of me. They can't speak English. And they want the cheapest device that will let them talk 24/7 with their family they left behind.
Grrrrr... Takes forever

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
That's just wrong !!!!!!! :Groaner: on so many levels .....

I just received the Imperial parts from this guy in Washington. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement! I got the following parts - the Eagle gas cap door and medallion; the bumper end ornaments, RH taillight assembly, and the DS window and lock switch assembly. All this came in a box via UPS, with NO cushioning or padding at all inside! Not even a GD Kleenex! The fact that a UPS Store accepted this box is unbelievable! I'm amazed the taillight lens survived, truly. All of the parts are dirty but useable - except the damn switch panel! The switches have NO action to them at all! You can tell that the panel came from a car that has had the window down, and parked outside, for YEARS! I tried to pull the wiring harness from the back of the switch - every single metal tang that holds the electrical to the switch body was corroded and immediately broke off with the slightest touch. To say I'm pissed and disappointed is pretty much an understatement.

I'm truly hoping that the switches can be salvaged. Does anyone have a method, or know of an electrical solvent that will free up the switches themselves??? On the unit I have in the car now, I know I have two good switches, with a third that works intermittently. Any help is appreciated here, thanks.View attachment 40155View attachment 40156

YO Patrick. Try Hoffmeister's Junkyard in Columbus, Nebraska @ 402-678-2635. He'z THE Imperial Dude in this country an has a great reputation with ALL the Imp. guyz. Not the cheapest, just the best, Jer...If you want to have that one fixed contact Karl Pippart III in Chalfont, Pa....257-996-1793 or [email protected] BTW, He'z also the 300 Hurst Guru of the 300 Club int. inc., Jer

Good news - all was rectified to my satisfaction, as he refunded the cost of the part + shipping on Thursday last. All went smooth, no drama, no hassle!

Now, to see about overhauling the switch bank that is in the car now, and saving up a bit more for one of ABC's Imperial dash pads!!!

Old timer trick. An old Mercedes repair shop mechanic told me how to fix (some) bad switches. Take a pan of boiling water & immerse the switch in it for a few minutes. It will get all of the grease & gum out. Let cool & dry off completely. Believe it or not, it has worked several times for me. Simple & worth a try.

Just for giggles, I did this on the junk switch panel. Before, every switch was stuck hard. Now, all six window switches move either up or down, but not both. The window lock and door lock switches now move, as well. Since my original door lock switch was missing altogether, I'm hoping that this switch is good. I might hook the switch panel up to the car this weekend, to see if any of the switches are actually functional.

I bought a carburetor off EBay a few months ago and when it arrived, it was a rusty pos. I took photos and shipped it right back for a refund.
If you paid by credit card, you may be able to get your money back from them after you ship the package back.
Why do people do this stuff???

Good news - all was rectified to my satisfaction, as he refunded the cost of the part + shipping on Thursday last. All went smooth, no drama, no hassle!

Now, to see about overhauling the switch bank that is in the car now, and saving up a bit more for one of ABC's Imperial dash pads!!!
Glad to hear they didn't hassle you on the return!

Back