Positive battery cable.

celticwarlock

Reaction score
Greetings.

Does anyone know how long the positive cable needs to be? Mine needs to be replaced, but I am not with the car currently, and I would like to buy another one before I remove the old one. It's a stock 1969 New Yorker.

Thanks in advance.

Buy 8 feet of #2 AWG welders cable, a ring terminal for the starter, and a battery post terminal, a bit of shrink wrap and make a GOOD one! I did, and it works beautifully.

Buy 8 feet of #2 AWG welders cable, a ring terminal for the starter, and a battery post terminal, a bit of shrink wrap and make a GOOD one! I did, and it works beautifully.hey

Buy 8 feet of #2 AWG welders cable, a ring terminal for the starter, and a battery post terminal, a bit of shrink wrap and make a GOOD one! I did, and it works beautifully.
Hey did you use that #2 AWG on the negative as well?

Hey did you use that #2 AWG on the negative as well?

Naah, BUT, I used a SHORT bit of #6 to the block, AND a few jumpers made of #10 to various points on the body. The overall ampacity of + and - conductors remains the same. Remember, with 12V systems, LENGTH IS CRUCIAL! Thus, one MUST minimize length, and/or expand ampacity.

Back