Poverty Hubcaps

jimmyessbee

Reaction score
For whatever reason, my absolute favorite wheel look is the poverty caps but originals are not that easy to come by. I run a set of 1964 vintage caps on my '64 Newport. I don't have a Dodge, but if I did these would be very much of interest to me, so I thought it might interest some of you:

This chart might be of interest to memebers

AA079F0F-70E0-45A5-9462-E2DACA37DFF3.jpeg

45E18A54-F153-4C98-A5A2-1AC27D4CF0C1.jpeg

This chart might be of interest to memebers

View attachment 566451

View attachment 566452
nice chart - hadn't seen these altogether before. I saw a set of these (hubcaps) at a show, the car was metallic turquoise with matching wheels, trim rings, and whitewalls. Granted, it was a Chevy Impala, but still was a nice look, and much less "impoverished."

my old '66 Newport was Turquoise with matching wheels, and the poverty caps, no trim rings. I like the look of that much better than the full wheel cover.

That chart is helpful, but has some problems, so don’t take it for absolutely correct. Mainly the 10” caps and 9” caps don’t cross the 67-68 wheel change on B bodies.

I like to drive my cars in the summer, winter, rain, snow, dirt roads, and etcetera. The poverty caps fit that mindset much better -- at least in my mind. But I do recognize my mind is not always in alignment with the hive mind and is a place not many people would like to visit much less live.

chrysler.jpg

That chart is helpful, but has some problems, so don’t take it for absolutely correct. Mainly the 10” caps and 9” caps don’t cross the 67-68 wheel change on B bodies.
Cop car info is a bit wrong too. I know for sure not all 65 cop cars got those caps.

In some 1970s-era model years, that -152 police car hub cap had two verions. One had the "holes" painted into indentations and the other version had open holes. Maybe one or two less in the one with open holes rather than painted holes?

By observation, in some of the lower-level trims, whitewalls and hub caps CAN make a nice look of things. Like on a Newport, but not a New Yorker or 300. FWIW.

Thanks for those picture compilations of Mopar hub caps!

CBODY67

I like to drive my cars in the summer, winter, rain, snow, dirt roads, and etcetera. The poverty caps fit that mindset much better -- at least in my mind. But I do recognize my mind is not always in alignment with the hive mind and is a place not many people would like to visit much less live.

View attachment 566458
For that kind of driving, I'd agree with you. Whitewalls make all the difference in this photo.

Back