66furywagon

Reaction score
I ordred this for my 66 fury wagon power brake groument and check valve
And it fits perfect.
From the mopar dealer
See pics for #

20200225_132322.jpg

From where and does he have any more?
Call your local Dodge dealer and give them the part number in the OP's pic.
It is a legit valid number not discontinued.
Some Ram/Dodge vehicles still run vacuum brake boosters and this check valve can still be used in a 50+ C body,LOL!

now...if we could just find a new booster that works in the c body....something easier to locate than the original

Lot of vehicles still use a vacuum booster but don't use engine vacuum anymore. A pump does the job now. Very useful if you put a high duration cam in your engine and lose all the vacuum. I use a Hella pump from a chevy trax in my new yorker. It's a common pump used on a lot of vehicles. Not hard to find in junk yards. Paid around $35 for it with the mounting bracket. Delcity.net has automobile grade connectors you can use to wire it up.

Lot of vehicles still use a vacuum booster but don't use engine vacuum anymore. A pump does the job now. Very useful if you put a high duration cam in your engine and lose all the vacuum. I use a Hella pump from a chevy trax in my new yorker. It's a common pump used on a lot of vehicles. Not hard to find in junk yards. Paid around $35 for it with the mounting bracket. Delcity.net has automobile grade connectors you can use to wire it up.
Hello, Mr. Kirby,
I have a 440 in a '66 300 and the mild cam results in 14 Hg, sometimes 15 Hg at idle. Cruising much higher. Which brings me to ask, if the check valve is working, won't I have a least one or two good assists on the braking? I like the idea of the vacumm pump if this turns out not to work. Your suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Hello, Mr. Kirby,
I have a 440 in a '66 300 and the mild cam results in 14 Hg, sometimes 15 Hg at idle. Cruising much higher. Which brings me to ask, if the check valve is working, won't I have a least one or two good assists on the braking? I like the idea of the vacumm pump if this turns out not to work. Your suggestions appreciated. Thank you.
Dont mean to but in but the brake booster needs minimum 12 inches of vaccum to function.
I had seen and driven cars with lumpy cams and less vacuum and the booster still worked..but as you mentioned may get a couple pumps out of it before it gets rock hard,LOL!!
I am running a Comp Cams 268H cam and no issues with power brake booster.
Hope this helps,Cheers

Your booster should work with that vacuum. I Used a vacuum can on my 390 Ranchero with a 292H cam even with 7 inches and it would get two applications I recommend a vacuum pump though which I am using now. My Sport Fury is stock with no issues.

Your booster should work with that vacuum. I Used a vacuum can on my 390 Ranchero with a 292H cam even with 7 inches and it would get two applications I recommend a vacuum pump though which I am using now. My Sport Fury is stock with no issues.
Hello, 67 ragtop, Yes. U r right. The booster does work and I get two shots, only, with it. As I have recently been finding out, it's my larger 4-disc calipers that are not getting enough pressure to help stop me as well as the drums did with the same setup. So, I'm getting some measurements on an old police car dual diaghram and see if that will do the trick. I can go out and get the newer stuff, but, want to exhaust all options with less surgery. BTW, is our Sport Fury drums? :) Cheers!

Hello, 67 ragtop, Yes. U r right. The booster does work and I get two shots, only, with it. As I have recently been finding out, it's my larger 4-disc calipers that are not getting enough pressure to help stop me as well as the drums did with the same setup. So, I'm getting some measurements on an old police car dual diaghram and see if that will do the trick. I can go out and get the newer stuff, but, want to exhaust all options with less surgery. BTW, is our Sport Fury drums? :) Cheers!
Yes my Sport Fury is drums all around. I redid its brakes but it still doesn't stop as well as what I would like. That is with new linings, brake cylinders, brake hoses, and master cylinder. If I didn't know better I would say the booster is shot but but when you start the engine the pedal drops so it is good. I just need to do some more trouble shooting. Or I am too used to Disc brakes. The last all Drum vehicle I had was in 1976.Cheers lets get them done.

Last edited:
Hi thanks. Do you know the size of the barb that goes into the booster? Is it 1/2” or 3/4”? I have ordered 4 different ones from O’Reilly’s but all were too small. Mine is a 3/4” barb. Chuck

Back