Power Seat Repair & More!

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for stopping by to read my post. You may remember me who was looking for a set of ‘66 Chrysler 300 buckets in specific! Well, thanks to barnfind here on the forums I was able to score a nice set!!!

I was wondering if there’s any standard procedure for when it comes to cleaning up the powered seat bases on these seats. If I’m correct, ‘66-‘68 Chrysler seat bases are the same?

These seats are going into a ‘68 New Yorker as I’m customizing the car to my liking. Originally my New Yorker has a power drivers seat and a manual operated passenger seat. The set just got from the 300 has BOTH of these seats powered. Nice! Is there a way to draw power for the passenger seat? Kinda stumped but I know you all have experience and a wealth of knowledge!

FBC77AF5-C1DE-4805-91F9-3D790797CBC4.jpeg

A38D1838-8941-4B22-9BD6-18BAF9F4400F.jpeg

Hello all and thanks for stopping by to read my post. You may remember me who was looking for a set of ‘66 Chrysler 300 buckets in specific! Well, thanks to barnfind here on the forums I was able to score a nice set!!!

I was wondering if there’s any standard procedure for when it comes to cleaning up the powered seat bases on these seats. If I’m correct, ‘66-‘68 Chrysler seat bases are the same?

These seats are going into a ‘68 New Yorker as I’m customizing the car to my liking. Originally my New Yorker has a power drivers seat and a manual operated passenger seat. The set just got from the 300 has BOTH of these seats powered. Nice! Is there a way to draw power for the passenger seat? Kinda stumped but I know you all have experience and a wealth of knowledge!

View attachment 454622

View attachment 454623

For a complete thread on this upgrade, contact @Zymurgy for a blow by blow on it.

Here is a good place to start, and give you an idea what you are getting into.
Power seat and 4 channel amp

The nice thing is you have 2 so in theory you could tear one down and still have the other for reference, but I would still only tear down each piece individually. Be very methodical and use a big pan with a lip there are BB size ball bearing which you can easily lose. Take twice as many pictures as you think you need. Good luck

Last edited:
Back