Power steering pump mount.....nutz

I think there is enough here to see the pump design....std two piece mount with snubber, and you can see the vertical return fitting on the reservoir. Nothing on the engine side of the pump. Pressure fitting on front side of the outboard top of the pump. Shaft size is roughly 11/16 with hole, 1.2 pump I think.

That's the old style big TRW, 1961-66. They went to the 3/8 or 11/32 return line in '67 for the big ones. I love 'em!

Pics of the core I have, looks clean inside. I would think a reseal is all it would need? Pulley is no good. $75.00 complete or $50.00 without the brackets +shipping. Thanks

20230102_162232.jpg
20230102_162240.jpg
20230102_162245.jpg
20230102_162253.jpg

Ok, I bit the bullet, got a used PS pump core on this forum, who sent it to Lares for rebuild. Waiting on shipping. My new gear is in, and the pump is next. But, on my existing pump, there is a small rectangular opening for maybe the rubber bumper. I used the suggestions earlier and got a very small bumper, that may or may not be the thing for this mount. Very small rubber bumper.....does anyone have experience with this bumper. I had jammed a large rubber bushing in my current mess. This correct bumper is very small, and I have not idea. Can someone describe the correct bumper for this crazy mount system. May work if I can get it right. thanks

Ok, I bit the bullet, got a used PS pump core on this forum, who sent it to Lares for rebuild. Waiting on shipping. My new gear is in, and the pump is next. But, on my existing pump, there is a small rectangular opening for maybe the rubber bumper. I used the suggestions earlier and got a very small bumper, that may or may not be the thing for this mount. Very small rubber bumper.....does anyone have experience with this bumper. I had jammed a large rubber bushing in my current mess. This correct bumper is very small, and I have not idea. Can someone describe the correct bumper for this crazy mount system. May work if I can get it right. thanks

You got the right one! It's a little T shaped thing and you place it in the middle of one of the 2 plates that make the self adjusting bracket. What you NEED right now is a good PICTURE of one freshly installed. Unfortunately, I don't have any.

Okey dokey....I will take your word. Strange little bumper for this type work....but, hopefully after some of this refresh, I can get things to adjust correctly and have some good things to say about the design....still weird??

Okey dokey....I will take your word. Strange little bumper for this type work....but, hopefully after some of this refresh, I can get things to adjust correctly and have some good things to say about the design....still weird??

Look for a little square hole in the middle of one of the 2 plates. DON'T stick it in there though until you fet a GOOD pic of the bracket with that rubber snubber CORRECTLY installed. The flat side should face the other plate once its inserted and the bracket has been properly oriented. Look at this pic from the B bodies Only Forum:

img_5989-jpg.jpg

While you can't see the snubber in this pic, the pump orientation is CORRECT. With your bracket so oriented, insert the snubber into that square hole in the middle with the flat side facing the other plate. I THINK the snubber goes into the lower plate, FWTW....

If I find a better pic, I'll post it.

Good shots, thanks. I took your advice and installed mine yesterday.....a bit wide for the slot but went in. I have yet to put my belt on....have been flushing and bleeding the system. But good info, thanks

Back