Power steering pump needed

Newport 66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Seeking a power steering pump for my '62 Polara, mine is missing the cap retainer thingy, as shown in the photo.......any help is is appreciated!

20190327_171125.jpg

Those two dimples in the reservoir tower don't help any? Maybe a cap with two inner ramps which the dimples will follow until the "lock" is reached?

CBODY67

Ok, I was going by my 66 Newport pump I have been schooled by you guys again, thanks!! Save me some money and un-nexessary expense. You're the best resources!!!!

Yes I have the same, do you have a part# or something to identify the manufacturer. Mine is mounting and has a small leak so I don't want to remove it until I have the kit in hand.

Thanks

There are two kinds of pumps from the mid 60s. Fedreal and TRW. Both are commonly found and look near identical.

TRW pumps will have the letters TRW cast into the pump near the threaded pressure hose outlet, and a Federal pump will have a serial number in the same area.

Two different rebuild kits.

My two 1966 440 C bodies, both built in the same month but at different plants each have a different pump. Pictures shown.
20200716_152520.jpg

20200716_152134.jpg

Thanks very much! Mine also has the TRW stamp on the threaded pressure hose outlet. Now to find a kit for it, any ideas? I live just across the river from Detroit in Windsor. Unfortunately the border is closed, haven't seen my parents since last Feb, they live in Bloomfield Hills MI.

Ok, I was going by my 66 Newport pump I have been schooled by you guys again, thanks!! Save me some money and un-nexessary expense. You're the best resources!!!!
Then you should have seen the difference. :poke:

art_18101.jpg

Power Steering Pump Gasket Set TRW/Thompson small outside diameter of the pump around 112mm
art_8351.jpg

Power Steering Pump Gasket Set TRW/Thompson big outside diameter of the pump around 125mm

You can find them somewere on the internet in the US for $40,- IIRC.
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Thanks very much! Mine also has the TRW stamp on the threaded pressure hose outlet. Now to find a kit for it, any ideas? I live just across the river from Detroit in Windsor. Unfortunately the border is closed, haven't seen my parents since last Feb, they live in Bloomfield Hills MI.

Call Sammy or Nigel at National Moparts in Beaverton ON - they just sold me kits for my pumps. 1-888-652-7464

Back