Power Steering Stop Leak

Wash from top and bottom, and DO secure everything against any water drops intruding.

If the power steering box seal lets oil out, it will let water in.

I wouldn't go near it with a pressure washer.

I know the correct answer to this question is to pull and repair/replace the steering gear box, but my question is, can some Power Steering Stop Leak buy me some time? It doesn't leak a lot, just enough to annoy Mrs. darth_linux when she looks at the driveway where I park the Newport.

I know the correct answer to this question is to pull and repair/replace the steering gear box, but my question is, can some Power Steering Stop Leak buy me some time? It doesn't leak a lot, just enough to annoy Mrs. darth_linux when she looks at the driveway where I park the Newport.
AT 205 worked great on my 68 been a year no leak.

Yeah, I was thinking power washing from below not above. just enough to get the steering and suspension parts. The top of the engine is pretty clean already. Alternator is new, carb is new, distributor is new.
Good! Cover the carb, dizzy and alt w trash bags before you wash. Wrap 'em good, then first trickle the engine degreaser onto the power steering box, then hot it first with a hot soap, then the rinse, both of those on high pressure. That should do it!

Back