Power window rebuild for 65 New Yorker

There's a 2 piece plastic H clip that assembles through a hole in the glass, it sounds like yours has broken. It's about an inch and a half long and is likely white in color.

There is a metal strip that has the channel that the nylon roller rolls in. It is bolted to the bottom of the window. There is nothing in there between the glass and the metal strip. When I change direction, there is a clunk sound that is made. I will go out and check the passenger's side to see if I can find the H channel you are talking about.

These keep the leading edge of the glass in the channel on the vent window frame.

image.jpg

No, through the glass. The 2 halves come together through a hole in the glass and they act as the guide to keep the glass in the channel in the vent frame.

Hallalula, the eagle has landed. It was not the H brackets, but the bracket on the rear runner that I had forgot to put back in. I swear that I did not take that out, but I am not a young man anymore. I did not see the H clips in my car. I checked with flash light and mirror on both doors. Maybe they would eliminate the clunk when it changes direction when the window is down.

Maybe they weren't used in '65, I was just assuming they were the same as my '67. Anyhoo, glad you're figuring it out.

I have been shopping for two switches and the four plugs that the switches plug into. I can find switches all over the place on the internet, but the female connector plug is hard to find. My 50 year old Bakelite ones are crumbling and I want to replace them before I burn the car to the ground.
Does anyone know where I can pick them up? I believe that the GM plug will resist the corrosion that has destroyed the original ones. I really liked the water proof connectors that someone turned me on to. Thank you. Any tips would be appreciated.

i'M in tHE Same boat BOYD, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU FIND.
I have been shopping for two switches and the four plugs that the switches plug into. I can find switches all over the place on the internet, but the female connector plug is hard to find. My 50 year old Bakelite ones are crumbling and I want to replace them before I burn the car to the ground.
Does anyone know where I can pick them up? I believe that the GM plug will resist the corrosion that has destroyed the original ones. I really liked the water proof connectors that someone turned me on to. Thank you. Any tips would be appreciated.

Back