Power Window Switch Block

Boyd

Reaction score
I am looking for the switch block for the drivers side door. I have taken my out, after buying power window motors, only to find that if I squize the block and switches, the windows work. After a search for a NOS one, I purchased a GM switch, thinking that I could make it work. I could, if I had the time. I have the wiring diagrams for both, but, it will be a job.
Has anyone sorced the bakelite switch block? Are they available? Has anyone crossed searched them to see if any current ones will work?

Classic Industries has a repop switch for 69 and up, don't know what car your talking about. I have one in my 69 Charger 500 and its great.

'69 up is different.
Classic Industries does have the 2 switch, but not the 4. Thinking about just doing the job with 2 double switches, but that will require wiring modification that I don't want to get into.

Is it the switch that you have to fiddle with, or is it the 10 wire connector on the back of the switch that is the problem?

I will be back in MD in a couple of weeks. I will check that again. Wires seemed to be good, but I want to check the plug again.

You may only have to clean up the female connectors inside the block. I have seen very light corrosion there, between the pins on the switch and the inside of the block.

I hope it's that simple

You may only have to clean up the female connectors inside the block. I have seen very light corrosion there, between the pins on the switch and the inside of the block.

I hope it's that simple
Me too.

Back