Project Sidetrack 2

LocuMob

Fluid Technician with a hat
Reaction score
Got the 66 Polara parts car today, a day earlier than I thought, shucks. Dropped off right in front of the garage and out of the way for Project Sidetrack to get out. Rolls real nice and looks fairly solid. I took a few pics but had to get a few hours sleep before work. I'll look at the car a little closer tomorrow after work.

I'll post pictures on my break, can't seem to do it right now...

I look forward for the pictures. What you gonna be switching out?
I'm planning on most everything forward of the firewall, stub frame and fenders, gonna see if the front end is good, maybe swap my newer PST kit over to the new stub frame. Was going to put the seat in my car, but that vinyl sure gets hot! Never realized how much I like the cloth. I'll see. Take a bunch of stuff off the car, keep some, seel some if anyone's interested in anything, and sell the shell to a co-worker if he's still interested.

I see, it sounds like a great project.

I might be interested in the complete trunk floor, seat to bumpers, fender to fender if its good and your willing to sell.

IMG_20170712_110125.jpg

IMG_20170712_111940.jpg

IMG_20170712_112032.jpg

I see, it sounds like a great project.

I might be interested in the complete trunk floor, seat to bumpers, fender to fender if its good and your willing to sell.
It has a hole in the back.left by the spring mount. Pm sent.

Was just looking at the car and fixed the bench seat, wasn't hooked on the outer passenger side, simple fix and I got me a correct bench seat til I go buckets. Come to think of it, that back see eat looks pretty nice too. Holy mother of Mary, looky there, that headliner looks damn fine! Door panels are ok, mylars peeling, but the carpet is in pretty good shape too. Dash pad is cracked but I have one I can dye... Ah ****, I'm gonna take all the interior and swap it over to my car. This car is on its own course, I have no idea where it will end up. I had thought red or black, but blue never was on my radar.

IMG_20170713_150645.jpg

IMG_20170713_145705.jpg

IMG_20170713_145652.jpg

IMG_20170713_145644.jpg

IMG_20170713_150723.jpg

IMG_20170713_150734.jpg

IMG_20170713_150807.jpg

One for you date code lovers.

If I could get storage for it, I'd be keeping it for sure. Trunk is worse than mine but the front is better. Gonna have to think on this one for a while. But it had no title. I'd have to wait a little while to get it but it could be done.

Sheee-it, looks like a heckuva deal to me. And I got a hint on the mylar, but not home to send it. If'n you go blue inside,, might have a dash pad....

Sheee-it, looks like a heckuva deal to me. And I got a hint on the mylar, but not home to send it. If'n you go blue inside,, might have a dash pad....
It got better when I looked it over this morning! I can wait for the hint. You mean I have to stop by on the way up to hunting again? At least I can shave off 2-3 hours or more!

Somebody said it above. That's a parts car?
It's got it's issues of rust in the rear. Not sure what truth lies under the paint on the quarters. Window regulators are all out. No title and needing a similar amount of parts my car needs (but mostly not the same) I'd just rather build my car that I already know. I'd love to build race version or whatever but my Dart is going to be that way when I build it. And anything I get seems to take away from the Dart. This will give me everything I need to make my car what I want it to be. Maybe my coworker will buy the shell, sit on it, and I can get it back down the road to make a toy out of. Who knows.

It's got it's issues of rust in the rear. Not sure what truth lies under the paint on the quarters. Window regulators are all out. No title and needing a similar amount of parts my car needs (but mostly not the same) I'd just rather build my car that I already know. I'd love to build race version or whatever but my Dart is going to be that way when I build it. And anything I get seems to take away from the Dart. This will give me everything I need to make my car what I want it to be. Maybe my coworker will buy the shell, sit on it, and I can get it back down the road to make a toy out of. Who knows.
Understood. :thumbsup: Please keep us posted on your progress on your car

I sat in the car the other day while I had a minute off of Project Sidetrack, and discovered a soft spot on the floor, right by the pad in the carpet. Pretty mushy and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get through it with ones heel. I have to crawl under the car to install the trans crossmember so I'll take a peek from the bottom. Trying to o figure out the best way to start train the car apart. Gonna do interior first then go to the sheet metal. I need a shop!

Back