Pullys info wanted, deleting my ac, 1968 New Yorker

I imagine the belt is hitting the upper water pump pulley, I can only get the belt so tight. I've given up and will put the kit (pulleys) up for sale.

I imagine the belt is hitting the upper water pump pulley, I can only get the belt so tight. I've given up and will put the kit (pulleys) up for sale.
They're all tight like that.
To give up on the correct pullies is many steps in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

Looking at your PS pump position it appears to be adjusted way out. Here’s a pic of mine, you can see the difference. When adjusted correctly it won’t touch the fan pulley statically but will very lightly touch it when running as the belt shakes. It should be silent with no squeaks. I suspect you have the wrong crank and possibly fan pulley. A look at the parts books shows these as the right parts-
Crank pulley- 1826053
Fan pulley- 1821452

Very good choice in a 4-legged helper Mike:D

PS pump.JPG

Looking at your PS pump position it appears to be adjusted way out. Here’s a pic of mine, you can see the difference. When adjusted correctly it won’t touch the fan pulley statically but will very lightly touch it when running as the belt shakes. It should be silent with no squeaks. I suspect you have the wrong crank and possibly fan pulley. A look at the parts books shows these as the right parts-
Crank pulley- 1826053
Fan pulley- 1821452

View attachment 598297
John, The pullies I was using were the one supplied in the Kit from Bou........, I have no problem when I put the ac pulleys back on. What I need are big bock pulleys from a car w/o ac. Those are not easy to find in good condition. Thanks for the time mike

Crank pulley- 1826053
Fan pulley- 1821452

View attachment 598297
so John, What year pulley are those? The 440 source crank pulleys says "use for Saginaw ps replacement" mike

Last edited:
Back