Putting some finishing touches on a well preserved '68 Fury III

Beautiful car, just wait till you rebuild that front end and feel how good it goes down the road. One of the best things i did to mine. Keep us posted on your progress. C-bodies, go fast in comfort. 061.jpg

061.jpg

I am not so familiar with the slabside C bodies. What are all the buttons in the lower left inset binnacle of the dash, below the dash cluster? Beautiful car, especially if you threw away the rear fender skirts. They make the rear of the car look too heavy. Love that roofline.
I think that you may be referring to the vent. In the picture, the chrome duct behind the black plastic deflectors kind of looks like buttons.

Then again, that could be the instant grease slick, the jet booster, the ejection seat, and the hydraulic jumping system.

Nice Fury!! I have a 67 Sport. I was never a Mopar guy before but I am now a convert! Welcome!fury3.jpg

fury3.jpg

I think that you may be referring to the vent. In the picture, the chrome duct behind the black plastic deflectors kind of looks like buttons.

Then again, that could be the instant grease slick, the jet booster, the ejection seat, and the hydraulic jumping system.

Correct, those are just the a/c vents. I wish I had the jet booster and ejection seat option though :) As for the fender skirts, I've been on the fence about it for a while. When I saw how sexy it looked after adding the Magnum 500 wheels, I justified that the car looked good with both the wheels and skirts. Reminds me of an old 60's Bonneville...just a huge rectangular slab of steel rolling down the road. I like it without the skirts too, it's more easily identifiable as a Mopar, but the lack of wheelwell trimming makes it look like I don't HAVE the skirts, and something's missing.

I'm not sure which is before and after as on my screen one is sitting above the other - not left and right. But I like the one where it is sitting higher - I am going to guess it is the after as I think the one to the right is the one that usually drops below on a smaller screen. Lowered cars - especially the classic old land yachts - just look like they wore out their suspension when they are lowered while in the picture where it is raised it looks alert and primed and ready to go. Just my opinion, of course.

Awesome car. Got a '68 fury iii that propably looked like that at one time. I've got some work to do on mine, though.

I guess it's a matter of preference. I can see liking the dropped front end but to me it looks like the car is tired and sagging under its own weight. With the nose up it gives the look of alertness, ready to go, and having no trouble supporting that heavy drivetrain.

Besides, the dropped front end has been played to death. I'm tired of seeing 97% of of the C--bodies out there with a "cool looking stance" the factory cars never had.

Besides, the dropped front end has been played to death. I'm tired of seeing 97% of of the C--bodies out there with a "cool looking stance" the factory cars never had.
Sometimes Low is the Way to Go.

I so agree! Give them the stance that lets them strut in all their glory. Don't make them look like they are apologizing for existing. JMO

Back