Quebec City

rexus31

Reaction score
The wife and I are considering a drive up to Quebec City for a few days in early October on our trip to Boston. Worth the drive? I'm pretty certain the Fall Foliage will be in full effect. What's to do/see in Quebec City?

Quebec City is a beautiful place to visit on the St Lawrence River. The old section of the city has stunning buildings as well as amazing views of the seaway. There are many fantastic restaurants as well as eclectic shops to spend time at, if thats your thing. Depending on your plans your hours away from the east coast and one of North Americas top 10 drives the Cabot trail...if you have the time its well worth the effort...driving the trail both ways offers a different experience. Anyways Quebec city is predominantly french speaking although many businesses cater to tourists in english....the road signs are not bilingual.Parking in old town is tough so your better to park a distance away and walk or take public transit...there are many historic sites as the city dates back to the 1600's. Artillery park, Chateau Frontenac ,Place D-Youville and the Promenade Samuel De-Champlain are only a few. The fall foilage is equally spectacular...anyways hope this is helpful..enjoy your trip.

What do you want to know about Boston. lol

We've been to Boston before. We missed Quincy Market last time and plan on hitting that. The wife also has a couple of restaurants lined up. We've got Sawx tickets too. You can't got to Boston during the baseball season and not got to Fenway!

We've been to Boston before. We missed Quincy Market last time and plan on hitting that. The wife also has a couple of restaurants lined up. We've got Sawx tickets too. You can't got to Boston during the baseball season and not got to Fenway!
Oh. Quncy market, restaurants, and a ball game. Phhtt. Tourists...:poke:
:p

I you want to see the Boston that Stan remembers just rent The Friends Of Eddie Coyle.

I'm going to keep checking to see what the next exhibits at the museum are going to be. Motorcycles now until May, then a new one, not yet announced. Sounds like a good choice for me since it's only 45 minutes to get there.

I you want to see the Boston that Stan remembers just rent The Friends Of Eddie Coyle.
Dedham, Westwood, Norwood, and Canton.
Want the names of the streets, too?
And there never was a phone booth in front of the CVS in Dedham Square... :D

And do NOT get me started about all the errors in Spencer : For Hire.
You cant come off The Mystic River Bridge and end up in Jamaica Plain.

Larz Anderson car museum in Brookline.
Harvard Square in the evening.
A walk down the length of Newbury Street.
The Boston Museum of Science.
And yes, a trip to Fenway is Mandatory. :D

Unfortunately, I doubt a car-themed attraction will make the cut.

We will have to check out Harvard Square; have done Newbury Street but it is certainly worthwhile doing again seeing as we are staying right around the corner.

Good call on the Boston Museum of Science.

have done Newbury Street but it is certainly worthwhile doing again seeing as we are staying right around the corner.
Piano bar, Lenox Lounge, then. Trust me, it's worth it (wink-wink, nudge-nudge).
You can sink yourself into the role of The Great Gatsby.

Back