Question about misfire, gas on plug

Knebel

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am running an efi on my 360. Replaced the plugs yesterday and for some reason cylinder 8 was wet. The plug looked a little darker than the others but not substentially different enough and I run a CDI ignition. I'm thinking it might have been oil from a valve cover leak but I have also been getting just 100miles out of a full tank. Other than that id say my plugs are almost perfect, i can probably lean it out more... Timing mark on the strap is perfect as well. They all looked like this except number 8.
The plugs were ngk and I am wondering what could possibly cause number 8 to be wet???

20230607_134619.jpg

20230607_134615~2.jpg

Did I read that right? Basically 4 mpg? Yet the plugs look fine? How much idle time on the tank? Highway driving? No fuel hose seeps? Locking gas cap?

Just curious,
CBODY67

injector dripping after shutoff...or stuck partially open all the time? most plugs once soaked with today's gas remain fouled even after they dry out...if there's no spark to that cylinder it'll foul out right away if this is an 8 injector setup

Maybe little more... I get between 6.5 and 8.5mpg. Lots of idle and city driving, car sits a lot and dosent see a lot of miles currently...so maybe some evap?. I mean its basically a 4 barrel TBI with all 4 barrels opening like a double pumper and has a sump pump feeding high pressure to the TB. Highway is pretty good, i run it lean with all the timing in it and it shuts off the injectors on decel, that saves fuel. I also dont drive like a grandma, I have a b&m shifter haha.

Back