Question for LA area members

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
Are there any car shows and the like in the LA area on April 18? I'm trying to decide whether I should come in a day early for my cruise. I tried googling, but since I don't know the area, it seems futile.

Peter, Spring Fling is definitely worth coming a day early for. Good show and swap meet although C body parts are not plentful.

Also, Friday Malibu Cruz worth attending. There’s always a passenger seat that’s open.

The guys that come from Europe & the Netherlands show up at the Friday Malibu cruise in all types of Mopar rentals. All pentastars are welcome on the cruise. Lots of new chargers challengers Demons Hellcats. I’ve gone a couple times and it’s great seeing the old cars in action. It’s also a fun way to see the sights. It’s from 930 to about 1:30 - 2 in the afternoon. Then there are local cruise meets everywhere Friday night.

Here is a list of stuff going on that weekend. Hope you try and make it to the Woodley Park show in Van Nuys. I like Saturday better because it’s a show n shine and the cars are all mixed together. Sunday is more class structured.

The swap is always a gamble but I’ve had tremendous luck there for the last 30 or so years. Big vendors show w all the specialty hardware widgets etc. I needed widow glass rivets one year and they had every style imaginable.

Look for dumbo on the field I’ll write my cell number on the window sheet if you want to shoot the breeze.
- Ed

EF3A4BD6-C339-47A3-90C4-34499F019FBF.png

0BD47730-AD77-4CF5-9154-E4038B8C702A.jpeg

Peter, it all depends on where in LA you are staying. Spring Fling would be worth coming in early for. Here's a link to all the weekly cruises in Southern California.

SoCalCarCulture Cruise Nights
I'm looking to stay between LAX and San Pedro, possibly Torrance, so that my Sunday morning trip to the pier isn't too long, since my checkin time is 9:30. A little more investigation is due.

I'm looking to stay between LAX and San Pedro, possibly Torrance, so that my Sunday morning trip to the pier isn't too long, since my checkin time is 9:30. A little more investigation is due.

Gotcha. Torrance to Van Nuys is about an hour drive; give or take.

Are there any car shows and the like in the LA area on April 18? I'm trying to decide whether I should come in a day early for my cruise. I tried googling, but since I don't know the area, it seems futile.

Around here LA means Lower Alabama. And the Mopars at the battleship in Mobile is the end of April. :)

Back