R.I.P. Bill (Fury440)

Although the pics are held hostage by photobucket here is the link to the visit thread..
Forums / Mopar Related / Great visit with C Barge and Fury440 - C-Body DryDock
Found this in another thread

img_3946-jpg.185023

As everyone has said, this is indeed sad news. During my visit to Calgary a couple of years ago I had the pleasure of meeting bill and the "Alberta Mob" and we enjoyed a beer or two and a nice lunch arranged by Graham aka Dobalovr. A more pleasant and delightful group would be hard to find.

RIP Bill, I'm glad to have met you.

Sad news for sure. But it is nice that everyone seems to be like family on this site.
I have to agree with you, it always seemed that way before I traveled and met various members both in the states and in Alberta. It's really nice to meet great people who put themselves out, like dobalovr in Calgary, who arranged the lovely lunch and brought Peter and Terry with him, then Tobias the next day showed me around, the guys made me feel so welcome. The last trip with Glenn B and friend Dennis was great with a nice visit to Doc McNeedy and French Lake auto parts in Minnesota. Due to my inexperience driving in snow Glenn did most of the driving but still enjoyed himself.

Many thanks to everyone for your friendship, let me know if you come to NZ.

Another of our great members, I wish I had managed to meet him. He was always one of the folks who made FCBO special for me, and the place will be a little less fantastic without him.

R.I.P. Bill

OMG! Heartbreaking news. I have had the pleasure of knowing bill through various C Body forums for quite a long time and have had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone. This is a a big loss to the C Body hobby. My condolences to the family. I hope that someone can send this thread to the family.

OMG! Heartbreaking news. I have had the pleasure of knowing bill through various C Body forums for quite a long time and have had the pleasure of talking with him on the phone. This is a a big loss to the C Body hobby. My condolences to the family. I hope that someone can send this thread to the family.
Bill Mounteer has a FB page and people have been sending condolences on his page.

Bill was an authority on all things electrical, and not many of us can say we still have a car we bought new in ‘70. My thoughts and prayers to Bills family. RIP

So sorry to hear. Bill was certainly a valued contributor here and on other C-body forums. He didn't get enough time to enjoy his Fury after finally getting it restored.
1970_Fury_Bill2.jpg

1970_Fury_Bill.jpg

:canada:. I never thought I would hear news like this on the c-body only mopar forum here today, and I am shocked to hear it. This is seriously heartbreaking to lose a fellow C-body fanatic. Please mind you I never knew Mr. Bill but my deepest sympathy, thoughts, and prayers are with his family at this very sad time. I enjoyed Bill's messages here and followed the build tread on his Fury a little bit and what he did to it, it looked fantastic. May Mr. Bill Rest In Piece. :(

For those that haven't been (or haven't been for a while) to his website chronicling his journey to restore his Fury. It has helped me more than once.

1970 Plymouth Fury III 440 Convertible Restoration
Perhaps one of our computer experts can save the website or Joey can add it to this site in a tribute to Bill. Would be a shame to lose this reference for future restorations.

Just got a call to let me know Bill passed away yesterday. From what I have been told, his wife and daughter went for a walk, and when they got back home they found him still in his chair he was in when they left.
William Mounteer Obituary - Calgary, AB

This sad news just bums me out. . . I too enjoyed Bill's posts and good humor. After all, like me he is a Gemini. I will sorely miss his updates and contributions to the banter here. Very sincere condolences to Bill's family and to all who loved him and called him friend.

Back