RAG JOINT/STEERING COUPLER 1965 IMPERIAL

cpake

Reaction score
Well I got to the bottom of what i thought was a worn out steering gear box on my '65 Imperial: the steering coupler/rag joint is SHREDDED. Scary. Car is parked.

Now I"m trying to figure out what I can use as a replacement.

The '65 Imperial shows a different part number from the '64, different from '65 other c bodies, and different from '67 Imperial

Im wondering if the "hockey puck" rubber piece in the coupling might be the sam on all, and that just the metal pieces on both sides might be different?

Has anyone dealt with rag joint replacement on a '65 or '66 IMperial?

thanks in advance for any thoughts

CP

thanks dan...i guess i'll have to pull the thing out and see if i can match it to something....unique imperial part number for '65 and '66 got me scratching my head, im hoping i might hear from someone who has walked this path ahead of me! thanks again

thanks dan...i guess i'll have to pull the thing out and see if i can match it to something....unique imperial part number for '65 and '66 got me scratching my head, im hoping i might hear from someone who has walked this path ahead of me! thanks again
The rag joint in my 64 Imperial was bad, you wouldn't believe the difference it made
I got mine from Murray Park, it was used, but in remarkably good shape
And an added benefit, my horn works all the time now

Here is some info from rock auto on the rag joint

Alternate/OEM Part Number(s): 3575303.

Lares offers technical support for all of their products. Misdiagnosis is common on steering components and the technicians can help you determine if your part is the problem.

Phone: 1-800-555-0638

The rag joint in my 64 Imperial was bad, you wouldn't believe the difference it made
I got mine from Murray Park, it was used, but in remarkably good shape
And an added benefit, my horn works all the time now
reached out to murray earlier today! hopefully he can hook me up.thanks!

Got a good used rag joint coming in from Murray Park, and also have a destroyed one coming in to fool around with. Maybe i can figure out what works and doesn't work to repair these things after good used ones are gone. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for all suggestions.

Back