Ram "WARLOCK" Is Back

Ok you two @commando1 @1978 NYB

The Warlock is a trim package on the 4th Gen “Classic “ body built out of Warren Assembly. The 5th Gen is built out of SHAP (Sterling Heights). They have extra plant capacity until the heavy duty moves production from Mexico up to Warren. They will continue to build “Classic “ models there until the HD move is complete in 2020. The Classics only come in base trim so no Laramie or Longhorn model. Weird special editions like the Warlock will pop up now and then as they empty the parts bins.
So why didn't you click on the AGREE button on my post... :poke:
:p

When i think warlock, all black truck with gold pinstriping
Welder guy posted this in his thread
8AD17E2C-E983-4BFC-A2F5-ED49E2DE5409.jpeg

Shouldn't that red truck be lil red express since we are pulling names out of acient history.
It just a truck with different stripes.

The orig LRT was a complete package added to an existing truck with variable options. LRT had the chrome exhaust "stacks", even with cat converters. LRT had the one LA-series W2-headed engine in the first model year, whereas the Warlock had non-LRT engine options. The few Warlocks I saw were basic 318-engines step-side pickups.

The orig LRT was a complete package added to an existing truck with variable options. LRT had the chrome exhaust "stacks", even with cat converters. LRT had the one LA-series W2-headed engine in the first model year, whereas the Warlock had non-LRT engine options. The few Warlocks I saw were basic 318-engines step-side pickups.
Still a truck who cares.

LRT had the one LA-series W2-headed engine in the first model year
It had the W2 headed engine when they were planning the truck, it was the one that best the Corvette in quarter mile time. Corporate axed it before production started. How cool.woild that have been if it made it out on the streets?

It had the W2 headed engine when they were planning the truck, it was the one that best the Corvette in quarter mile time. Corporate axed it before production started. How cool.woild that have been if it made it out on the streets?

I believe that the one which CAR AND DRIVER tested, against the Corvette, did have the one-year-only (for the LRT) W2 heads. After that first production model year, it was normal heads. That's what I remember reading. I remember reading that the first few LRTs had the W2s, but possibly the later ones didn't? There was mention of it, which ever way it was, in the CAR AND DRIVER article. At this point in time, it doesn't really matter what was what back then, though. Good history either way it goes.

The next mass test, it was the Duster 360 that gave the Corvette a great run for its money! Even with the 1.88 intake valves.

CBODY67

I believe that the one which CAR AND DRIVER tested, against the Corvette, did have the one-year-only (for the LRT) W2 heads. After that first production model year, it was normal heads. That's what I remember reading. I remember reading that the first few LRTs had the W2s, but possibly the later ones didn't? There was mention of it, which ever way it was, in the CAR AND DRIVER article. At this point in time, it doesn't really matter what was what back then, though. Good history either way it goes.

The next mass test, it was the Duster 360 that gave the Corvette a great run for its money! Even with the 1.88 intake valves.

CBODY67
No production LTR's got W2 heads, other than the test mule. The pride of '78 LTR's would be a lot more than they are now. I have yet to come across any '78 that doesn't have a standard E58 engine in it, from the factory. Hoover and team wanted the W2 heads to make it, but the decision makers wouldn't sign off on it. Still a bad *** truck.

The few Warlocks I saw were basic 318-engines step-side pickups.
They also could be had with big blocks, I was checking out a red 4x4 with a 440 in it one year at the Nationals. They came in orange and/or yellow as well.

from what I know the warlocks could be ordered with anything from a slant six to a 440. rarer than a little red wagon which I believe were 360\s only. correct me if I am wrong please. I know of a rare 440 warlock fully optioned black on black with gold pinstriping I saw it at moparfest 2 years ago. probably the rarest one anywhere.

from what I know the warlocks could be ordered with anything from a slant six to a 440. rarer than a little red wagon which I believe were 360\s only. correct me if I am wrong please. I know of a rare 440 warlock fully optioned black on black with gold pinstriping I saw it at moparfest 2 years ago. probably the rarest one anywhere.
The one I referred to was in Mopar Muscle after that show. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Back