Ram "WARLOCK" Is Back

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Ram has brought back the "Warlock".

Seems reasonable and affordable at $37K.

Usually the specialty editions get past $50k quickly

2019 Ram 1500 Warlock - Special Edition

RAM_Warlock_Gallery_1.jpg.image.1440.jpg

They are checking remaining inventory of Ram Classic parts and building special editions to clean out the warehouse.

Yep, the Warlock is on the Gen 5 platform.

The Gen 4's produced in 2019 were mostly fleet vehicles.

I believe the Gen 4 new production is done now. Chrysler Historical told me I have to wait until March 1st to get production numbers on my 2018 Special Edition Ram.

Maybe so....I was told none of the body parts or trim from Gen 4 or Gen 5 interchange so I wonder if they made transitional trim to work on a Gen 4.

Maybe so....I was told none of the body parts or trim from Gen 4 or Gen 5 interchange so I wonder if they made transitional trim to work on a Gen 4.
Yes, no interchange tween gen 4 and 5.
Both 2019 Gen 4 And 2019 Gen 5 1500's are in production at the same time. Your truck and the Warlock are Gen 4.
You can go to town on swapping in the Warlock goodies.

I'm leaning towards Gen 5 again.....

Warlock: Ram Conjures Up New Life for an Old Truck - The Truth About Cars

Based on the 2019 Ram 1500 Classic, this new Warlock package features the grille that once appeared on the last-gen Ram Rebel, complete with a R A M billboard. Its front and rear bumpers are powder-coated for an extra aggro look, plus the truck has had a 1-in. ride height lift installed at the factory. The word “Warlock”’ is plastered on its bedsides as well, naturally.

As GM did with their "two platforms in the same model year", I highly suspect the VIN model designation is different between the "classic" and the "NEW 2019".

As the prior Warlocks pre-dated the introduction of the "Little Red Truck" and its W-2 headed 340, might a suitable heir to the "LRT" throne return? Another "Fastest Truck", but with fewer spark plugs?

The original Warlock was basically trim and decals. The ones I saw were pretty basic on options, but comfortable for TX. So, lower prices are appropriate for the newer version.

CBODY67

Ok you two @commando1 @1978 NYB

The Warlock is a trim package on the 4th Gen “Classic “ body built out of Warren Assembly. The 5th Gen is built out of SHAP (Sterling Heights). They have extra plant capacity until the heavy duty moves production from Mexico up to Warren. They will continue to build “Classic “ models there until the HD move is complete in 2020. The Classics only come in base trim so no Laramie or Longhorn model. Weird special editions like the Warlock will pop up now and then as they empty the parts bins.

Empty parts bins? I read the other day that there were enough Hemis in stock to last until the end of 2020 production? The 5.7s, that is. Might be more about existing vendor contracts to supply parts ending farther into the future, to when the HD Rams are updated? What will be built in Mexico for Mexican market consumption?

With tooling paid for, the G4 "Classic" is making money to pay for other things, so even the base "fleet" trucks are now profit-generators for FCA. Wish they didn't have that UUUgly grille in them! But then we thought the '62 Dodge full-size car grille was unconventional, too.

CBODY67

Back