Rant - Too many people selling you the incorrect pattern trunk floor mats

when i got my car it didn't come with one so i made one out of carpet, still planning on making one out of AstroTurf

The car will be stored inside, and I don't intend to drive it in the rain -- but I plan to follow your recommendations nevertheless.

The car will be stored inside, and I don't intend to drive it in the rain -- but I plan to follow your recommendations nevertheless.
Rainwater will hurt, but condensation is almost as bad.

Rainwater will hurt, but condensation is almost as bad.
I'll take you guys' words for it, and that's why I'll follow your unanimous recommendation.

Last edited:
Jumping into this thread as I have a newly painted/ rebuilt trunk floor pan and a new cover. The new re-pro covers are just a vinyl sheet and does not provide any padding what so ever. I was thinking about some sort of backing to attach to the back side of the vinyl that would allow some breath-ability to prevent trapping moisture. What comes to mind is something like the very light foam packing sheets. It doesn't absorb moisture and should allow for a small air gap and insulation to help dissipate moisture. Just thinking out loud here.
90867EA3-62C5-42AA-9A4C-EBFF9CAFE4F8.jpeg
22D46A36-69BB-45D0-9A0D-93E0C8F5AD41.jpeg

Buy a wagon, then there is n I problem. Sorry board changin planes at La Guardia to Columbus

Jumping into this thread as I have a newly painted/ rebuilt trunk floor pan and a new cover. The new re-pro covers are just a vinyl sheet and does not provide any padding what so ever. I was thinking about some sort of backing to attach to the back side of the vinyl that would allow some breath-ability to prevent trapping moisture. What comes to mind is something like the very light foam packing sheets. It doesn't absorb moisture and should allow for a small air gap and insulation to help dissipate moisture. Just thinking out loud here.
View attachment 186565 View attachment 186566
EZ Cool Automotive Insulation heat barrier and noise reduction for cars, trucks, classic cars, street rods and much more

Take a look at this stuff. I'll bet they will send you a sample.

That may be the ticket. at 3/16" thick it should not over bulk .

Back