For Sale Rare Chrysler 300 two door - $7800 (charlotte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck62

Reaction score
Contact seller
NOT Mine
Rare Chrysler 300 two door - $7800 (charlotte)
Rare Chrysler 300 two door
00V0V_3TQuyUdBFVD_600x450.jpg

1969 Chrysler 300, 71007 miles, 440 CID motor, big white wall tires. The plating on this car is in pretty decent shape, the paint is very oxidized, and there is some rust on one quarter panel. The car runs great, very quiet, starts right up with only 3 pumps to the floor. AC is not working, probably needs to be re charged, but all the AC components are present. New master cylinder and booster, as well as new wheel cylinders and brake lines. There are some minor tears in the front seats. The radio does work as well as the other gauges. This is a very rare car, you don't see them on the street anymore. She has beautiful lines and is a great driver.
00l0l_jrl2WckIM66_600x450.jpg

00505_30KTHQHP6EU_600x450.jpg

00l0l_28WUHyVdo0S_600x450.jpg

00B0B_eR1aXc36IJj_600x450.jpg

00c0c_be2lPydse9q_600x450.jpg

00O0O_jwB4rQTs0yS_600x450.jpg

00202_4EWE2Av5BDR_600x450.jpg

00k0k_5WG0DlVGDGD_600x450.jpg

00X0X_2X97gf5hrZ8_600x450.jpg

00z0z_er4KsQAoK0P_600x450.jpg

00K0K_243hwIwBtOv_600x450.jpg

00909_h06aPIvCHuH_600x450.jpg

Wide white walls look goofy on that model and the lowered front end doesn't help. Not even a light package so it is missing the trim strips with the turn signal indicators on the tops of the fenders. Looks naked that way.

But the paint looks original since the original pin stripes are present, even if it is oxidized, which means any hidden rust under a repaint shouldn't be a concen. Underhood looks clean and well maintained, although I don't know why the ammeter shows so much discharge unless the headlights are on and the engine is off with the ignition switch in the on position (alternator looks fresh though but might need a voltage regulator).

I don't think the price is too far off given the miles and minimal rust and original paint not hiding anything.

That drivers rear fender bothers the hell out of me...
Those tires. . Please. Theres a time and a place and this car is neither when nor where.

Agreed....
Needing paint,,
Needing interior,
Needing A/C work..
And top that all off with has very little in way of options...
:(
You forgot one thing - get new tires! Those wide whites just look wrong!

You forgot one thing - get new tires! Those wide whites just look wrong!

Some people think that wide whitewalls are the ONLY tire that should be on a "classic" car, It seems. Even if the car was built in the "thin or multi-stripe" whitewall tire era. Their attempts to be "cool" tend to be misguided.

CBODY67

00505_30KTHQHP6EU_600x450.jpg

Driver's quarter bothers me too. Maybe it didn't take a hit and that isn't bondo, but I'd want to see that up close. Also, no close ups of vinyl top under rear window. Wonder if there's bubbling.

View attachment 214126
Driver's quarter bothers me too. Maybe it didn't take a hit and that isn't bondo, but I'd want to see that up close. Also, no close ups of vinyl top under rear window. Wonder if there's bubbling.

I was about to say the same thing - looks like a good amount of filler in that rear quarter. Probably got smacked prior to a repaint in the past and instead of working out the metal they used bondo.

Only speculating

I was about to say the same thing - looks like a good amount of filler in that rear quarter. Probably got smacked prior to a repaint in the past and instead of working out the metal they used bondo.
Only speculating
Hi Greer. Agree. Think the car needs a quarter. Would be interesting (or scary) to see the panel from the trunk side.
BTW: I saw the blue 70 Fury coupe in Richmond disappeared off CL. Emmett must have sold it.
Semper Fi! 0352 and we both own 1970 Fury Convertibles, 1952 total production. Great Marine minds must think alike.

Hi Greer. Agree. Think the car needs a quarter. Would be interesting (or scary) to see the panel from the trunk side.
BTW: I saw the blue 70 Fury coupe in Richmond disappeared off CL. Emmett must have sold it.
Semper Fi! 0352 and we both own 1970 Fury Convertibles, 1952 total production. Great Marine minds must think alike.

Just because the rear quarter is likely dented in the upper rear area doesn't mean it needs a whole new quarter. A good body guy could make it like new by working the metal by heating/cooling it and using a hammer skillfully and then a light smear of filler from what I am seeing.

My body/paint guy is going to fix my black 71 300 in the manner described and you will never be able to tell anything. He has done such work many times and it will be perfect.

2018-07-01-00-05-09-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty rough, but I sure like those color combinations. And also not a fan of the "fat" whitewalls....

What are the odds? We sure have to meet up for lunch sometime! Im trying to convince the other half to take a trip with me up to Richmond.

What are the odds? We sure have to meet up for lunch sometime! Im trying to convince the other half to take a trip with me up to Richmond.
OK, Lemme know when you're coming. I have a nice wife (other half), who can come too, if yours feels like she's going to be the girl sitting silently at a table with gearhead/jarheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back