Real bumper bolts,1/2” do they exist? ‘68

IMHO those are not the correct bumper bolts. They have a rounded "GM style" head vs the "pan head" style that Chrysler used. I think they sent you the wrong ones. Chrysler used stainless caps.

These also have the stainless steel caps. I just polished them.
These were the flattest ones they had and a lot flatter than the first ones I ordered. Most places I reached out to said they couldn’t get the flat top ones in 1/2”
I will wait until I go to a Mopar show and see if I find some and see if they are any different.

Received my bumper bolts from Mr. G’s.
They are pretty close. Head size is the same. The square shoulder is not quite as deep, but should be fine. Head has a little more dome than the original, but is much flatter than the carriage bolt style I got online a few weeks ago.
I think it will be very hard to tell the difference once I get them on.
View attachment 267363 View attachment 267364 View attachment 267365
How did the Mr. G's bolts look once installed?

I could use a few new bolts, but I've looked at the MrG website, don't see any pictures, just lists of PDF files. The Mopar bumper bolt kit doesn't explicitly show '67 C body, it does show MO192 as being 67/68/69 Newport (would that work?). These kits say 20 to 60+ items - is that items per kit? Why so many parts?

How did the Mr. G's bolts look once installed?
Pretty much like factory.
Unless you knew to look for them you probably couldn’t tell the difference. Especially not from the top. With the bottom up perspective you can see a little dome. It seems the pure flat one do not exist in 1/2” anymore (with the stainless caps).
image.jpg
image.jpg

I could use a few new bolts, but I've looked at the MrG website, don't see any pictures, just lists of PDF files. The Mopar bumper bolt kit doesn't explicitly show '67 C body, it does show MO192 as being 67/68/69 Newport (would that work?). These kits say 20 to 60+ items - is that items per kit? Why so many parts?
Post 13 was what they used to have in the PDF’s. I only needed 10 for the’68 Polara.

go to fasteners...find the pdf for bumper and carriage bolts...they are on the last page of that pdf...FA2483 H...if you print that page the bolts come up actual size so you can compare them with what you have...they ship them thrown in a bag so the stainless caps can get beat up in shipping so you may want to order a couple extra in case they look really crappy...i still have to figure the best way to polish them....i think the "bolt kits" may also include the bolts to attach the bumper brackets to the chassis

Back