WANTED Rear Axle Assembly (complete with brakes), for 63.4" track (or maybe 62" track)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer-X-

Reaction score
Contact seller
The title pretty much says it all. I need a rear axle for a resto-mod 1947 DeSoto I'm working on. After careful measurements (repeated 3 times on different days, just to be sure), I'm finding the "best fit" for the wheels/tires we want to run on this car is 63" +/- 1".

The measurment that's critical for me is from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. All the data I can find says that most of the 1969-1974 C body cars are 63.4" on that dimension, and some of the mid 1960's cars were either 63.4" or 62".

My golden unicorn would have gearing in the high 3s. 3.55 or 3.73 would be ideal. 3.90 is borderline, and I'm not looking for anything over that. 3.23 or 3.31 might work, although this car isn't going to be a long distance highway cruiser.

And SureGrip would be totally awesome. If it lacks that, we'll probably put a limited slip of some kind in it, probably a Detroit TrueTrac if it's available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back