WANTED Rear bumper to 1970 Three Hundred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaim

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi,

my 300 need the rear bumper. Lenses are ok, but bumper have lot of dents.

Are the 1970-71 New Yorker's rear bumpers compatible with 300? It seem that they are similar, but i could be wrong.

Apparently the front bumper on my car is from a 1970-71 Newport or New Yorker, but that doesn't matter. It have signal lights in the front bumper frame (see picture) and evidently the 1970 Three Hundred didn't have them?

BR Kai

Painauma_vasen_takakulma.jpg

300_Kain_promokuva.jpg

Hi,

my 300 need the rear bumper. Lenses are ok, but bumper have lot of dents.

Are the 1970-71 New Yorker's rear bumpers compatible with 300? It seem that they are similar, but i could be wrong.

Apparently the front bumper on my car is from a 1970-71 Newport or New Yorker, but that doesn't matter. It have signal lights in the front bumper frame (see picture) and evidently the 1970 Three Hundred didn't have them?
No, they are different. The 300 only had the lens fully across the rear; New Yorkers and others had twin sets.

You are correct about your front bumper; it's from a New Yorker or a Newport.

Here is a comparison of a '70 300 and a '70 Newport:

IMG_6018.JPG

IMG_6017.JPG

There was a guy in the Tehachapi, CA area who did excellent work repairing bumpers; he used to advertise at the Flings in Van Nuys. He moved to another State. Tried to find him on the internet; had no result. Perhaps you could do a search....

No, they are different. The 300 only had the lens fully across the rear; New Yorkers and others had twin sets.

You are correct about your front bumper; it's from a New Yorker or a Newport.

Here is a comparison of a '70 300 and a '70 Newport:

View attachment 594611

View attachment 594612
I beg to differ: the New Yorker and the 300 rear bumpers are the same. The middle part in the NYer is removable.

Last edited:
I beg to differ: the New Yorker and the 300 rear bumpers are the same. The middle part in the NYer is removable.
These cars were cheaper to make if they used the same parts in different models. And that's why I thought the middle part is removable in the New Yorker. So, my chances of finding a decent rear bumper will improve :)

Great! Can you or anyone else tell, what the price level of the 300/NY -bumper is in the USA? Here in Finland, neither of them are on sale :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back