Rear convertible seat belts?

HappyJack

Reaction score
I have a 67 Fury III convertible. I bought it as a project, and I’m slowly reassembling it.
I have 3 sets of seatbelts for the front bench seat, but none for the back seat. I still have boxes to go though, hopefully they will show up.
My question is, how many seat belts should be in the back of a convertible? The rear seat is narrower because it is a convertible. Should I expect only 2 sets of belts for the back?
Also will the rear seat belts have retractors? Or will they be like center seat belts normally are, just pull to adjust and tighten?

Although you can comfortably fit 9, they are technically a 4 seater so I would say 2 sets.

I have a 67 Fury III convertible. I bought it as a project, and I’m slowly reassembling it.
I have 3 sets of seatbelts for the front bench seat, but none for the back seat. I still have boxes to go though, hopefully they will show up.
My question is, how many seat belts should be in the back of a convertible? The rear seat is narrower because it is a convertible. Should I expect only 2 sets of belts for the back?
Also will the rear seat belts have retractors? Or will they be like center seat belts normally are, just pull to adjust and tighten?

The rear seatbelts will not have retractors and are essentially the same as the front middle seatbelts. My recall is that '67 Furys came from the factory with 2 sets of rear seat seatbelts but that you could get a dealer installed third seatbelt.

My 1970 Fury Convertible has 3 seat belts and no retractors. Things may have changed since 1967.
PXL_20220515_174636111.jpg

On my 68, I have a total of 3 sets. There is a male in the right rear corner (passenger side) Just right of center is the female mate to that one. Next the that going across the back will be another male end. Then two females ends. Then the male non- retracting that is in the drivers side rear corner. On the 68 there are clips that secure the belts to the front edge of the seat near the carpet edge when not in use. I don't remember if they used them in 67. Each of the female ends will line up with those. I just got new seat belts for my car and hopefully will have time to install them this weekend. I will take a few pictures if I can.

ha, another thing I never knew existed...my convert's missing the clips...i can see where the bases still exist on 2 parts cars but the tongue that the belt clips into is broken off both sides...passenger clip a single, drivers side a double...plastic, so easily destroyed...68 vip and wagon both had 3 rear belts...i dont trust the originality of anything on my convert

3 sets in rear of my 67 300 convertible. Never used them as a kid though. Dad purchased it in 69 I remember the day it came home,
There was way more room in back seat for us 3 boys compared to the VW bug my dad traded in.

Back