Rear Quarter Panel Manual Window Regulator Replacement Method 1966 Chrysler 300

themage99

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and could not find any prior info on the issue I am having. I have a 1966 Chrysler 300 2 Door Hardtop, and I am currently in the process of replacing the rear manual window regulator located in the quarter panel (on the drivers side). The window was not functional, and upon looking down into the quarter panel, I could see that the window regulator was completely cracked in half. The regulator just essentially fell out upon removal, so I was unable to understand the method/process of properly removing the regulator. I have a functional replacement regulator that I am trying to install, but I am having a very difficult time installing the rollers into the tracks. It has two blue rollers and one smaller white one. I am able to install one of the blue rollers, but it then seems impossible to install the second blue roller with the first one already in place. The shop manual I have for the '66 300 is very vague with the procedure. Does anybody know the proper method/procedure for installing this window regulator? I'd imagine there is some trick as far as keeping the window up/down, rolling the regulator up/down, that I am just not familiar with. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Back