SOLD Rear window defrost assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Here is a rear defrost motor and vent assy, it also has a heating element fitted as well. I don't have the dash switch though. I have checked the motor on a battery and it turns strongly blowing lots of air. I want $55 plus shipping for it. Thanks.

rear defrost.jpg

Heating element? Is it on the top of the motor as seen on your picture held on with 2 screws with 2 wire connectors plugged into it? I’m ircled it in yellow.

4E8DF502-CF4B-4292-8C21-AD0AAB26E8A2.jpeg

Sorry to tell you this, it is not a heating element. It is the blower resistor that lets it have 2 speeds. They all have it. It does get warm so they mount it in the air flow path. Just like the front heater in your car.

Sorry to tell you this, it is not a heating element. It is the blower resistor that lets it have 2 speeds. They all have it. It does get warm so they mount it in the air flow path. Just like the front heater in your car.
Mm okay, well they don't all have it, this is the first motor I have come across with that element in it and I have had a few. I will be listing another motor after this one sells and it does not have this resistor in it.

It depends on the switch. Go ahead and wire that thing up any way you want with 12 volts and then tell us how hot the air gets.

I wouldn't mind having one if someone can tell me if it will fit in my 67 newport fast top with the flow through vent

I wouldn't mind having one if someone can tell me if it will fit in my 67 newport fast top with the flow through vent
Measure the vent you have and i can measure this to see if it will work. I am thinking it will as this rear defrost assy was pretty much standard in many years of cars. I have had ones from 69 to 73 and they were all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back