Rebuilt Booster question

live4theking

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So, back at the beginning of the year I had Boat Dewey rebuild a spare booster. When I got it back in Feb. I unpacked it and checked it for shipping damage. I grabbed it today to put it on and noticed that the rod that goes into the master cylinder isn't attached. Is this normal?
20200619_201254.jpg
20200619_201258.jpg
20200619_201302.jpg

Is this a Midland booster, if so, I think that somebody left out the retaining snap ring or it popped out of place. E-Mail Booster Dewey the same photos and ask them to be sure. In section 5 of the service manual for brake boosters it shows how to take the booster apart and there would appear to be a snap ring involved.

Dave

Yes email them but just so you know I replaced a bad Midland booster in my car a few weeks ago. The replaced booster and the new reman one both did what you speak of and the new booster works fine.

Last edited:
They do that and it is fine.

do you have the spacer/filter that goes on the studs before the master cylinder?

Yes email them but just so you know I replaced a bad Midland booster in my car a few weeks ago. The replaced booster and the new reman one both did what you speak of and the new booster works fine.

To confirm what you, @Turboomni, said I heard back from Dewey today. Below is his response.

Good morning John, the push rod should be loose, it "floats" in the cavity, just make sure it's seated when you install the master cylinder and make sure the spacer plate is on. Thanks.

Back