Rectangular Steering Wheel?

Anyone know what year and model this steering wheel is from?

View attachment 642274
I believe this to be the deluxe "rectangular" steering wheel in a 1963 Chrysler. The top loop of the horn ring may be broken off and the little pad is missing from the RH spoke. The deluxe wheel was optional on Newports and 300's--and standard on 300J's and New Yorkers. Only available on power steering cars. The red interiors and steering wheels are fairly common in 1963--as are the cracks from interior heat causing the plastic to evaporate from the wheel. Really good wheels from the cold country may be found for a premium. Others fill with epoxy and paint. Deluxe & standard wheels on cars with power steering.

300J Maybe.jpg

Dads 64 Newport had a triangle circle, inverted V two spoke, flat spot rim on bottom, with single horn ring around bottom. Solid rim all the way around, no little chrome rings around the 1-inch diameter rim of the wheel.
My 64 New Yorker has a round, horizontal two spoke wheel with top and bottom horn rim.

Dads 64 Newport had a triangle circle, inverted V two spoke, flat spot rim on bottom, with single horn ring around bottom. Solid rim all the way around, no little chrome rings around the 1-inch diameter rim of the wheel.
My 64 New Yorker has a round, horizontal two spoke wheel with top and bottom horn rim.
64 Salon pic is the round Saginaw/GM wheel on the tilt column--available on all '64 Chryslers with power steering. Not interchangeable with any other '64 Chrysler wheels.

64 Salon.jpg

Yep, that's my 64 New Yorker tilt column p/s steering wheel. The top horn ring obstructs dash vision.
Very nice otherwise.

Back