Redeye Widebody

Weren't they a bit pricey at the time? 375 hp for what was later the same money as a Hellcat? I could be way off, I can't recall.

SRT 6.1L had 425 hp. At that time one of the fastest Mopar's. Ran the 1/4 in 13.1 ET.

Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged production didn't start until 2015.

They were a bit pricey. Even more now since nice low mileage ones are scarce. Even just NICE RTs are hot. Especially the 2008 since it was the nicest looking and it was cut short to start Challenger production.

Mopar killed the Magnum, Crossfire, PT Cruiser, and the Pacifica after 2008. They also killed the short wheelbase Caravan and replaced it with the Journey.

I looked for a Magnum SRT-8 around 2010 but they were still very expensive (in my opinion) as a used car then. Mopar was making Challenger's and Charger's by then and those cars were morphing into some pretty fast cars. The Charger changed a lot and I think they look great and they are dang fast. I'm pretty sure I'm set with cars. I don't want to get rid of anything I have now. Even my Ram (1 of 113) I really like and will never let go.

SRT 6.1L had 425 hp. At that time one of the fastest Mopar's. Ran the 1/4 in 13.1 ET.

Hellcat 6.2L Supercharged production didn't start until 2015.
$37,995 new price. So not quite Hellcat money.

Very few SRT8's vs total production.

Screenshot_20210218-183818~2.png

$37,995 new price. So not quite Hellcat money.

Very few SRT8's vs total production.

View attachment 439886

Right! Things changed, technology changed, the times, money, people, style.
If you said in 2005 you'd be spending 60000 for a loaded SRT in 15 years how would you have responded? I think pretty good. They are definitely more affordable now.

We used to think 425 hp was just awesome, and now we almost scoff at a "regular" Hellcat and 707hp.

I love that Dodge/SRT seem to want to make the most absurd amount of power. Like kids in a candy store

We used to think 425 hp was just awesome, and now we almost scoff at a "regular" Hellcat and 707hp.

I love that Dodge/SRT seem to want to make the most absurd amount of power. Like kids in a candy store

I was interested in a 2005 Magnum around 2007 or 08. I test drove it and was blown away with the power. My 2010 Challenger was outrageous, at the time the quickest thing I ever drove.
Now, the 392, respect it! Its too much HP and torque, BUT its great in the 2500!

My used car manager at the time ordered a 08 SRT Magnum and we laughed at him as we were all focused on the Challenger coming but he had the last laugh. His Maggie will bring more money today than a launch edition Challenger. I’ve tried to pry it away from him with no luck. I’ll have to settle with my 06 RT AWD as a runner up lol

My used car manager at the time ordered a 08 SRT Magnum and we laughed at him as we were all focused on the Challenger coming but he had the last laugh. His Maggie will bring more money today than a launch edition Challenger. I’ve tried to pry it away from him with no luck. I’ll have to settle with my 06 RT AWD as a runner up lol
The 08 is such a nice car, the nose on that was much nicer than the previous years

I would bet the survival rate is 50/50 if they make it to more than 2 years old.

Back