Redeye Widebody

I predict dealer markups to start approaching insanity right to the end.
You'll probably never see any Hellcat discounted ever again.
Sad.
Congratulations to you, Bob for grabbing that Redeye. AT A DISCOUNT YET! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT: And, oh ya!!! That drop dead gorgeous ScatPack. :D

I predict dealer markups to start approaching insanity right to the end.
You'll probably never see any Hellcat discounted ever again.
Sad.
Congratulations to you, Bob for grabbing that Redeye. AT A DISCOUNT YET! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT: And, oh ya!!! That drop dead gorgeous ScatPack. :D
20210420_143113.jpg
20210421_111642.jpg

Bob, I think the market is ready to move the Formals. It upsets me that they're just sitting there undercover.

BTW,
Your Charger would really kick *** as a wide body. Just a random thought... :poke:

Apparently this dealer has been holding on to this coming up to 4 years now.
135k.... Alll I can do is SMH...

Screenshot_20211125_160955.jpg

I have already looked into what it would take to corner the market in my area on these cars next year. Stellantis is already saying ,,"Ya don't expect to have lots of allocation because we can't build enough fast enough" Good problem to have eh?

I have already looked into what it would take to corner the market in my area on these cars next year. Stellantis is already saying ,,"Ya don't expect to have lots of allocation because we can't build enough fast enough" Good problem to have eh?
They can't build them fast enough, but they are going to stop production after 2023. Is it just me or that doesn't make any sense:realcrazy:

They can't build them fast enough, but they are going to stop production after 2023. Is it just me or that doesn't make any sense:realcrazy:

It is probably that by 2024 the Hellcats will just elicit a yawn from the masses as the new Lucid Air sedans blow the doors off them..........................

With over 1100 HP, and maximum torque at 0 RPM, there is no gasoline competition.

Like Tesla, this California startup has managed to turn out sleeper performance electric cars.

Lucid Air Named 2022 MotorTrend Car of the Year

For only a "little" more money at $140,000 to $170,000 and very rapid fast charging (like about 5 minutes for 100 miles and about 22 minutes for 312 miles, and 37 minutes for 416 miles it is likely fast charging will continue to improve with better iterations of battery packs. And as volume and competition goes up, prices will come down:

Watch World's First Lucid Air 0-100% DC Fast Charge Test (insideevs.com)

By now most large manufacturers know where the direction of motor vehicles is going and even the oil industry probably can't stop it either.....................the tortoise has caught up with the hare..................it just took only 100 years.

Last edited:
OK, one night I was chilling and solving the world's problems, I thought about this:

If I buy a new Hellcat it will be worth more in 2 years. Yes?
If I lease a new Hellcat for two years, we can expect the residual value will be what the Hellcat stickered at. YES??
Theoretically, I could do a 2 year lease on a Hellcat for near zero bucks a month. Right?
:popcorn:

Burst my bubble and tell me the flaws in my postulation. :popcorn::popcorn:

It is probably that by 2024 the Hellcats will just elicit a yawn from the masses as the new Lucid Air sedans blow the doors off them..........................

With over 1100 HP, and maximum torque at 0 RPM, there is no gasoline competition.

Like Tesla, this California startup has managed to turn out sleeper performance electric cars.

Lucid Air Named 2022 MotorTrend Car of the Year

For only a "little" more money at $140,000 to $170,000 and very rapid fast charging (like about 5 minutes for 100 miles and about 22 minutes for 312 miles, and 37 minutes for 416 miles it is likely fast charging will continue to improve with better iterations of battery packs. And as volume and competition goes up, prices will come down:

Watch World's First Lucid Air 0-100% DC Fast Charge Test (insideevs.com)

By now most large manufacturers know where the direction of motor vehicles is going and even the oil industry probably can't stop it either.....................the tortoise has caught up with the hare..................it just took only 100 years.

Minor highjack .. I apologize in advance

electrics? still "golf carts" to me. quiet .. maybe that's whats pissing me off. but maybe I am like that old codger, my age now but 120 years ago, bah-humbuggin' that horseless carriage ... without "Mr. Ed" in front of it. WTF is the world coming to!? :)

That Lucid .. somebody put a video here with one of the enthusiast mags' writers extolling that cars virtues. 1,100 horses, on demand, at any speed. He described a "game" I have been playing with my fast cars since I was an idiot teenager. "Get that spot" .. it may have other names when you played it.

On the interstate, pile of traffic ahead of you 1/4 - 1/2 mile. You say to your self, or your riding buddy. I am gonna go "get that spot, left lane in front of the white car, the SUV .. next to the Yellow Freight rig. Count to 30!" By yourself in the car? turn up the music to try to make it before the drum solo.

You downshift, put your foot in it, go tear-assin' up the interstate, weavin', bobbin' lane to lane, whooshin' and exhaust roar, and tach-wrappin' the whole time.

Slow down (dry your sweaty hands/calm your nerves), so the people you passed can give you thumbs up, or flip you the bird .. whatever. The satisfaction of owning a car that do what I want, whenever I want .. that's how I grew up.

That magster guy -- i thought he was wetting his pants while he was talking -- described the exhilaration (if he wanted to) of doing that 'get the spot" thing in the Lucid Air. Heck, you dont even need a Lucid Air to do it .. top of the line Teslas can do it. Y'all seen the 1/4 mile races.

My point: I still have ICE cars that get that spot today while many cars cannot. You all do too. A Lucid though? that thing can put ANY of our cars to shame with the ease ..seemingly effortless "shaken not stirred" way 1,100 horses on demand. There's nothing like it.

Its not really a "fair fight" -- electrics aint got the range -- that'll get fixed in time. I read the Lucid Air's top speed is a buck seventy or something. Many ICE's are faster .. but would get an a**-whoopin' at "normal" speed. electrics will ALWAYS have the raw take-off performance though -- no streetable, pump gas burning ICE vehicle will EVER match

Guess what I am saying is this.

Do i still want a Hellcat? Yup - I luv Bob's new cars. If over $100K to get into one? Guess I will never own one.

But as many of us observed, and others us must may begrudgingly come to know -- while it may take another 30-50 years before ICE's (if ever) get largely supplanted by electrics, its gonna happen.

Before that day comes

I might have to get an electric in a few years .. wet my pants playing "get the spot" -- while I still can/may need to one day (if I can't make it to the rest stop) do both.:)

OK, one night I was chilling and solving the world's problems, I thought about this:

If I buy a new Hellcat it will be worth more in 2 years. Yes?
If I lease a new Hellcat for two years, we can expect the residual value will be what the Hellcat stickered at. YES??
Theoretically, I could do a 2 year lease on a Hellcat for near zero bucks a month. Right?
:popcorn:

Burst my bubble and tell me the flaws in my postulation. :popcorn::popcorn:
Minor highjack .. I apologize in advance

electrics? still "golf carts" to me. quiet .. maybe that's whats pissing me off. but maybe I am like that old codger, my age now but 120 years ago, bah-humbuggin' that horseless carriage ... without "Mr. Ed" in front of it. WTF is the world coming to!? :)

That Lucid .. somebody put a video here with one of the enthusiast mags' writers extolling that cars virtues. 1,100 horses, on demand, at any speed. He described a "game" I have been playing with my fast cars since I was an idiot teenager. "Get that spot" .. it may have other names when you played it.

On the interstate, pile of traffic ahead of you 1/4 - 1/2 mile. You say to your self, or your riding buddy. I am gonna go "get that spot, left lane in front of the white car, the SUV .. next to the Yellow Freight rig. Count to 30!" By yourself in the car? turn up the music to try to make it before the drum solo.

You downshift, put your foot in it, go tear-assin' up the interstate, weavin', bobbin' lane to lane, whooshin' and exhaust roar, and tach-wrappin' the whole time.

Slow down (dry your sweaty hands/calm your nerves), so the people you passed can give you thumbs up, or flip you the bird .. whatever. The satisfaction of owning a car that do what I want, whenever I want .. that's how I grew up.

That magster guy -- i thought he was wetting his pants while he was talking -- described the exhilaration (if he wanted to) of doing that 'get the spot" thing in the Lucid Air. Heck, you dont even need a Lucid Air to do it .. top of the line Teslas can do it. Y'all seen the 1/4 mile races.

My point: I still have ICE cars that get that spot today while many cars cannot. You all do too. A Lucid though? that thing can put ANY of our cars to shame with the ease ..seemingly effortless "shaken not stirred" way 1,100 horses on demand. There's nothing like it.

Its not really a "fair fight" -- electrics aint got the range -- that'll get fixed in time. I read the Lucid Air's top speed is a buck seventy or something. Many ICE's are faster .. but would get an a**-whoopin' at "normal" speed. electrics will ALWAYS have the raw take-off performance though -- no streetable, pump gas burning ICE vehicle will EVER match

Guess what I am saying is this.

Do i still want a Hellcat? Yup - I luv Bob's new cars. If over $100K to get into one? Guess I will never own one.

But as many of us observed, and others us must may begrudgingly come to know -- while it may take another 30-50 years before ICE's (if ever) get largely supplanted by electrics, its gonna happen.

Before that day comes

I might have to get an electric in a few years .. wet my pants playing "get the spot" -- while I still can/may need to one day (if I can't make it to the rest stop) do both.:)

My Redeye was ordered and built by a customer. I assume he couldn't come up with the rest of the cash. Yep, my car was close to $100k but I got a hell of a deal on it. Then with the extras I got ended up pushing it back to nearly $100k.

If you lease a Hellcat, technically the lessor owns the car. So if the car value goes up to say $200k they can say the lease is over....give us our car back.

Back