Redeye Widebody

Bob, don't let this be you!

I'm not even worried......

37093.jpeg

I don't remember exactly what this guy did to blowup the supercharger. IIRC, he changed the supercharger pulley and increased the supercharger boost by 3 psi combined with his lack of driving skills grenaded the supercharger. He should of left the stock supercharger pulley on it and added a catch can assembly from Billet Technology.

20200313_162222.jpg

Learning more about this Redeye daily.....

All the different brake systems on this car is mindboggling!

(ABS) Anti-lock Brake System
(EBC) Electronic Brake Control system
(EBD) Electronic Brake Force Distribution
(BAS) Brake Assist System
(HSA) Hill Start Assist
(TCS) Traction Control System
(ESC) Electronic Stability Control
(ERM) Electronic Roll Mitigation
(RAB) Ready Alert Braking
(RBS) Rain Brake Support

And all that and it doesnt include the SRT brake features such as Line Lock and Launch Control.

I had a scary ride in the Redeye today. I went for a country ride and ended up jumping on I-95 in Cecil County and drove back to Aberdeen. Anyways as I was driving in the left lane over the Tydings Memorial Bridge which is awfully high over the Susquehanna River and almost a mile long. They had the high cross winds and no empty trailers electronic warning signs up. I wasn't going that fast 80 mph or less. The wind caught the two giant hood scoops and lifted and flexed the hood. The wind was blowing the Redeye side to side too. There wasn't any traffic so I eased over to the center lane. I'll have to check and see what my hood is made out of. Fiberglass or aluminum. If it is a steel hood.... those hood scoops are packing a hell of a lot of air flow!

Millard E. Tydings Memorial Bridge - Wikipedia

220px-thumbnail.jpg

Aluminum hood Bob and it appears you have been reading the broadcast sheet I sent you lol

Yes, I remember Stan when logic was a part of our curriculum, but having been on this site for a long time now, I find it didn't do much good even for many of those who were required to learn it.

But with all due respect to Graham whom I have worked with directly, he is definitely an exception. He is a smart guy.

Actually, maybe it is where I live or something, but I have had some interactions with dealerships out here that were very positive. I think the number of Lexus dealerships and other high end ones have raised the bar for dealerships to survive out here. Many of those high end cars are sold in this state, including Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi etc. and dealerships have to consider that to survive regardless of brand.

I wish Graham was on the south side of the border.

I would of definitely bought all 4 of my vehicles from Graham......

:usflag::canada:

Remove the evidence and that's covered by warranty if it was you. Am I hearing that correctly? :lol:

My Redeye will remain stock and wouldn't grenade the supercharger like this one did. And yeah, if my supercharger fails the warranty would cover it.

This was a $12k-$15k mistake on a $100k+ Redeye for this young man. And he hasn't learned his lesson yet. All these guys have a thing about getting these cars in the 9 sec range on the racetrack. If I wanted a 9 sec car I would get a beater E or A body and put a Ray Barton Hemi in it with a Dana 60 and a performance Torqueflite from a guy in the Midwest.

[QUOTE="1978 NYB, post: 867756, member: 536"... All these guys have a thing about getting these cars in the 9 sec range on the racetrack. If I wanted a 9 sec car I would get a beater E or A body and put a Ray Barton Hemi in it with a Dana 60 and a performance Torqueflite from a guy in the Midwest.[/QUOTE]

But they want a 9 second streetable daily driver.

[QUOTE="1978 NYB, post: 867756, member: 536"... All these guys have a thing about getting these cars in the 9 sec range on the racetrack. If I wanted a 9 sec car I would get a beater E or A body and put a Ray Barton Hemi in it with a Dana 60 and a performance Torqueflite from a guy in the Midwest.

But they want a 9 second streetable daily driver.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that.....

I see most of these 9 sec cars showing up at the track on trailers.

Before the Chinese virus.....

Back