Remember when?

tub.jpg

Wasn’t that Super Bee the raffle car that year?

Last edited:
Remember when shell gas stations gave away redline hot wheels with gas purchase instead of charging $1.50 to use air/water hose.

image.jpeg

I was also one the stage when they raffled off the purple Challenger. Someone stole the painted gas cap of the car 10 ft away from me. ever saw a thing.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Found these in junk 59 Buick back seat
Remember. When they built vaccum cleaners of this quality. They would last for 25 years and were serviable! Look at the cord on that Kirby vacuum.
Nowdays they a 3ft cord to save on copper wire costs.

And they’re made out of a plastic specially engineered to break within a year!

Here is another pic from that show. I got there fairly early and parked my car in the A12 area and then went walking around. Came back and there was another white A12 parked next to mine.

twin alpine white 6BBL's.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 332506 View attachment 332507 Found these in junk 59 Buick back seat
Remember. When they built vaccum cleaners of this quality. They would last for 25 years and were serviable! Look at the cord on that Kirby vacuum.
there are vacuum collectors just like there is for everything else
_DSC0002.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.jpg

1960s hoover constellation

View attachment 332506 View attachment 332507 Found these in junk 59 Buick back seat
I shot my '48 triumph with an Electrolux just like that one way back in the '50s. Took way more time to polish out that lacquer and reassemble it then it did to shoot it. Read here that their weren't no power polisher at my house back then, Jer

there are vacuum collectors just like there is for everything else
View attachment 332527
1960s hoover constellation
The late Stan Kann, a St. Louis celebrity, known for playing the Mighty Wurlitzer pipe organ at the Fox Theater, was probably the biggest collector of vacuum cleaners. He was on the Tonight Show many times.

We had one of those Hoover Constellations way back when. They even had models like old Dodges, 220, 440, 880. Even came in different colors. The exhaust exited out the bottom and the unit floated on air. Worked great on hardwood. Complete failure on carpet.

View attachment 332506 View attachment 332507

I had a old industrial duty Kirby, the thing weight a ton and was louder then a jet in afterburner!

Back