Remember when?

Does anyone else remember the Woolworth Luncheonette counter? One of my earliest childhood memories is wining a banana split by popping a balloon.

upload_2020-4-27_19-4-0.png

I have a root beer barrel fountain service that came from a Woolworths when closed in 1977. Completely self contained, ran when removed.. LOL.

root beer barrel 4.JPG
root beer barrel internals.JPG
root beer barrel tag.JPG

Oldie, but goodie. I had one of these years after it was fírst introduced (mid to late 2000's???). Thought it was kinda cool (I like mech things). Compared now to my Pixel 4 XL......well, stone age tool, lol.

Tungste T3.jpg

Screenshot_20200426-164853_1(1).jpg

I was just talking about Radio Shack yesterday. It sucks that they went out of business. No better place to pick up electric components.

Radio Shack still lives, Components and batteries can be found in selected Hobbytown stores, and they have their web site. Just got some batteries from Radio Shack by mail. They had some of the longest lasting alkaline batteries I've ever used.

Even Montgomery Wards has a web site. While it's a shadow of it's former glory days, the name still exists.

https://www.wards.com/?&source=goog...MIzq-6no3U6QIVUtbACh1XNQRhEAAYASAAEgJOjPD_BwE

Heathkit, Lafayette...there was one more, can't remember the name.
My first guitar amp was a Heathkit. It wasn't very tonal, but loud as hell. I put Radio Shack replacement JBL style speakers in it. Best sounding tremolo of any amp I've owned.

Heathkit, Lafayette...there was one more, can't remember the name.
My first guitar amp was a Heathkit. It wasn't very tonal, but loud as hell. I put Radio Shack replacement JBL style speakers in it. Best sounding tremolo of any amp I've owned.

Allied?

Allied Radio and Radio Shack merged together in the late '60s or early '70s and were Allied Radio Shack for a year or two. I have a stack of old catalogs dating back to '72. The parts catalog says Allied Radio Shack on it, but the stereo system catalog just says Radio Shack. In '73 they went to one catalog, which IINM, just says Radio Shack on it.

Last edited:
Lafayette Electronics and Tiny Tim Hobby in Birmingham were favorite childhood hang outs.

The other day on the talk radio to take a break from the political crap the host tossed up the question of what was the worst candy ever made. He seemed to have strong dislike of Necco Wafers (childhood trauma me think).

I kind of liked Necco Wafers but I will say today's Necco Wafers are either stale or made from some 'no experimented on animals' ingredients that make them, well just suck.

Same for Good & Plenty, I've gotten a ton of stale boxes from the Doll'a Store but then one fresh box.... BLISS!

Someone called in and recommended Jaw Breakers.

I think this is one of Doc's favorite candies... LOL

a265dac91d9ab889.jpg

Necco Wafers == YUCK.. !

Pop Rocks == Fun
Sweet Tarts == Yummy
Smarties == Yummy
Atomic Fireballs == Super Yummy
Most ALTOIDS == Yummy @BLIMP
:popcorn: :thumbsup:

Back