Remember when?

Still in use in my Mom's basement. This was my Dad's work shop...

1660497059795.png

Somewhere in my shop, I have a black phone like that, that was my great aunt and uncles phone that was in the basement of their house (that my grandfather built). I plan on installing it in the shop.

If you have VOIP for your phone service, you can't make calls out on a rotary phone at all. You can receive, but you can't call out.

If you have VOIP for your phone service, you can't make calls out on a rotary phone at all. You can receive, but you can't call out.
My mom still has ma bell (or whatever the legacy land-line company is there). The phone is kitty wampus because some changes had to be made to keep it functional.

My mom still has ma bell (or whatever the legacy land-line company is there). The phone is kitty wampus because some changes had to be made to keep it functional.

As in twisted pair copper lines, or "Plain old telephone service" a.k.a. "POTS"......

Me to, however I'm still trying to figure out how to make my Western Electric 500DM rotary phone ring.

20220818_173648.jpg
Here's something most of today's youth haven't seen. A draft card! No I didn't burn mine. Hell I needed it to get into the bars!

View attachment 553073Here's something most of today's youth haven't seen. A draft card! No I didn't burn mine. Hell I needed it to get into the bars!
Nope, I never saw one of those. I did, however, register for selective service at 18. I'd be curious to hear how many of todays youth know about that.

Back