Replacing door window regulator slides on Mopars

drh4683

Reaction score
Is it safe to say that the window track sliders (plastic) in the early 70's Mopars are somewhat of a weak point? I picked up a '72 Fury 4dr HT and all but 1 of the door windows has issues with the glass basically loose and unstable on the window mechanism. I can get the windows to work if I carefully tinker with the glass while operating the hand crank. While I have not actually removed a door panel on this car yet to verify the actual issue, I can only assume it's these broken plastic window track sliders like the ones shown?

I see you can purchase these replacements on ebay, but how exactly are you supposed to install them? It looks like a rivet of sorts that gets pressed onto the regulator arm?

Thanks-drh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Chrys...-On-/110931019194?vxp=mtr&hash=item19d40105ba

Hello! Just replaced mine on a 1968 Polara Coupe. They have a Spring Steel Locking Washer that presses on the shaft. That's the easy part of the job! lol! The washers on yours are probably rusted out, they were prone to do this.

Thanks for sharing! That's good to know. I've replaced a few of mine with some from the junkyard. God knows how long they will last as they are 48 yrs old too.

Back