res to family grocery Getter parts car

Wonderwagon

Reaction score
Talked with the shop and might be going the rout to replace the complete rear body shell, it's rusted bad. So I have a parts car that may be purchased. Was wondering what might be wanted by all. The front clip, passenger doors, passenger front, interior and 383 motor would be available. Ya it's a little cart before the horse. Waiting on pictures, parting out would help the deal.

This is the 69 Fury Wagon from the other thread...?
Yes, been looking for a parts car 69 fury custom subarban. Looks like I will be replacig the complete rear body shell. I have found two, comparing price of replacement to a full rotisery resto on the body shell. So just trying to see if there would be any interest in the other parts needed such as front clip, doors etc. One car has a 383 the other a 318

Question, the T&C moulding that borders the wood grain. Are there plastic clips that slide onto the shot welded studs, and has any one cut and ground them down to a decent finish? Also the luggage rack's spacers are they applied the same way or screwed down. One of the possible parts cars are a Town and Country that may parted out for the body shell.

well, I have a donor flew out to Wildcat Mopars out side of Portland. If it media blasts at least as nice as it looks, the Getter will be safe and hopefully great to look at. Body shell is spoken for, looks like all doors except drivers is up for grabs, tailgate has some rust, but has the washer option. Front clip will go as well A video is a nice way to appraise condition, you can see nooks and cranies if you use your phone. Wish I could upload the file

Question, Are there plastic clips that slide onto the shot welded studs, and has any one cut and ground them down to a decent finish?
I don't know what is under the mopar trim but the vega wagon I had when I was in school had the plastic clips over the studs. I removed the wood grain, ground off all the studs. You can cut them with side cuts first so you have less to grind. Just don't go to deep when grinding. They may need a slight skim coat of filler when blocking. I had excellent results but my dad can do good body work so I had good help with that project

it's odd some wood grain cars have studs others have trim clips with an expansion stud. My donor has the later. thanxs for the reply, question seemed straight forward.

The newest addition, soon to become the family grocery Getter. Good by wood grain, luggage rack and blue interior. Hello plain wrapper.

Blue 3.jpeg

Back