RIP George H W Bush

Im not crazy about the bush or Clinton dynasty’s either but He was the last of the real men presidents we will ever have. That’s not even an argument. People who worry about Trump crack me up. They should be worried about the **** show that will follow him from both sides. It will never be the same again. I just hope we can bury this great former president without hearing from msnbc & cnn who don’t like republicans until there dead anyway , why can’t trump be more like bush was? Lol give me a break.

Funny how the media hates him when he was alive and are now fawning all over him.
I won't comment about him other than he was a head of the CIA. Don't want to get political.

Funny how the media hates him when he was alive and are now fawning all over him.

This never goes unnoticed by me either. One thing millennials lack (and it's not their fault) is perspective. Reagan and both Bushes were portrayed as "devils" during their Presidencies, but are now lionized as heroes because the current guy actually fights back.

George Bush supposedly lost his bid for a second term because he broke his pledge of no new taxes to get a budget passed. The
electorate spoke and elected Clinton who raised taxes much more that Bush would have ever considered. A good example of voters getting the government and leaders that they are dumb enough to vote for.

Dave

If I recall correctly, Reagan also raised taxes, after his first year or so, when he discovered that lower taxes didn't pay for much that needed to be done. Then, it was finally admitted, after Reagan left office, somewhat quietly, that Trickl Down didn't work as many suspect it would, by observation. I found that admission on like page 15 of the bottom of the Section A of the newspaper.

The electorate always responds to "No New Taxes", but raising the "old taxes" always seems to happen, one way or another, when deficits grow too large. ONE item we've only been hearing about more recently, rather than when the latest tax cuts were implemented. Non-government contractors can't get a raise while gov't employees will? Can't afford it, it's claimed. As if the last round of tax cuts were not fully thought-through? Just remember that whenever funding from the fed or state governments is cut, as citizens still demand that same level of service, it/s the LOCAL taxpayer who foots the bill with increased taxes. Good thing that many local/city officials are elected "by place" rather than having any party affiliation listed.

And now it seems that the Dept of Defense can't do a full audit of its expenditures? As if by design, it's claimed?

Take a '69 Imperial 2-dr hardtop and fill the trunk (sans spare and jack equipment) with hi-durability li-lon batteries. Take a '72 Town & Country, lower the seats, and fill it completely full of magic wands. Combined, there would not be enough "Fire Power" to fix the many things that need to be repaired/refurbished/reconfigured in the US Government. NOR would the President have enough muscle stamina to hold them long enough to do it, I suspect, OR would anybody else.

ONE thing I'd change would be to make ALL VOTES in the federal legislative bodies have a 65%+ majority in order to pass legislation. THAT would require everybody to have dialogue with others on doing "the peoples' business" for "all peoples", not just to please ONE political party, but for the betterment of everybody. NOT being oriented to having enough of one party to steamroll legislation through, instead. OR lowering the vote majority percentage to suit their respective fancies. Our legislators just need to work together, rather than otherwise, for the good of the country, not the party.

Respectfully,
CBODY67

not much of a politician..seemed to bounce from job to job never really a standout at any. otherwise an excellent example of the greatest generation (service ,values etc.)

You hit the nail carmine. Half of the lefts anger is that the right didn’t roll out another polite country club Boy Scout to get mowed down. A whole generation of kids who have never been called out before. The by product however comes with a lot of un presidential behavior that turns a lot of folks off but I’m not going to open a can of worms & start listing unpresidential behavior thru the years. Too many cars that need to be saved will be gone by then lol.

Yes, RIP, George Bush. As in some comments, I didn't always agree with his politics but I do believe whatever he did he felt was in the best interest of the country and, like my Dad he served our country in WW2. In 41's case, (like JFK), a child of privilege, chose to put his *** in the line of fire when family connections could have guaranteed a non combat role. Remember, he flew the largest carrier based plane the Navy had at the time off of the smallest carriers they had. I prefer to discuss politics face to face and not on social media but I'll deviate and say this, the day I heard about George Bush's passing, I happened to be walking through a replica of the Vietnam Memorial in Florida, listing the names of those lost. What name(s) are there because the current resident of the white house chose to use his connections to avoid serving?

Last edited:
Yes, RIP, George Bush. As in some comments, I didn't always agree with his politics but I do believe whatever he did he felt was in the best interest of the country and, like my Dad he served our country in WW2. In 41's case, (like JFK), a child of privilege, chose to put his *** in the line of fire when family connections could have guaranteed a non combat role. Remember, he flew the largest carrier based plane the Navy had at the time off of the smallest carriers they had. I prefer to discuss politics face to face and not on social media but I'll deviate and say this, the day I heard about George Bush's passing, I happened to be walking through a replica of the Vietnam Memorial in Florida, listing the names of those lost. What name(s) are there because the current resident of the white house chose to use his connections to avoid serving?

Wow, pretty benign and so says a lot about those who disagreed and I'm sure they will chime in here. Honor is in short supply lately.

RIP Mr.Bush.

IMHO one of the last guys with courage and humbleness.

He managed with diplomatic finess to built up a huge group for the UNO-coalition to make the first gulf war possible with nearly the whole world willing to attend and being behind him.

And he ended the war quickly without making it an endless story.

Thanks for making the reunion of western and eastern germany possible.
Another big diplomatic success was to get help permission from Gorbatschow to let reunited germany stay in the NATO.

Carsten

Nice read Carmine.:thumbsup:

I must have been the only 17 y/o who wondered how Iraq went from friend to enemy so quickly. At 30, I was wondering how the leader of the most secular Arab nation (Saddam Hussein), who allowed Chaldeans (Christians) to serve in key positions, met with female US ambassadors and had his secret-police torturing militant Islamists; would suddenly ally himself with 9/11 hijackers? Wha?

The only commonality I saw was 41 and 43.

The older I get, the more it becomes obvious that most of what we are taught in school, fed by the "news", or allowed to discus on social media is a lie.

Back