RIP - Rush Limbaugh wont be down for breakfast

FB_IMG_1611545803791.jpg

I was thinking just yesterday how he'd been off-air for over a week now and that I was getting tired of the guest host. (not really, but I prefer Rush) He's left some big shoes behind for someone to try to fill.

My daily talk radio schedule won't be the same without Rush.

Maybe I'll turn on NPR and take a mid-day nap now.:rolleyes:

I've been a pretty die-hard listener to his show for nearly 30 years. First time I heard his show was in April 1992 as my wife, me our baby boy and our 11-year old cat were driving out of SLC, UT towards Denver. Tuned his show in, and thought "wow!"...then hour two and three came along...even more "wow!"...Hooked from that point on.

I'm going to miss hearing the last honest voice in broadcasting.

[QUOTE="BigblueC, post: 976105, member:
Maybe I'll turn on NPR and take a mid-day nap now.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't waste the electricity to have that on, even if I could sleep through it.

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. He's been a plague on society for decades with his constant spew of vitriol. Like wise with the copy cat hosts that his ilk has spawned.

Don't get me wrong I use to listen to him back in the day, but the relentless crying about Clinton then his million dollar rise in pay just led me to think why don't he STFU and run for president himself, then the drug addiction surfaced... gud riddance.

Geez. The guy just died!
Karma, buddy, karma.

Last edited:
Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. He's been a plague on society for decades with his constant spew of vitriol. Like wise with the copy cat hosts that his ilk has spawned.

Don't get me wrong I use to listen to him back in the day, but the relentless crying about Clinton then his million dollar rise in pay just led me to think why don't he STFU and run for president himself, then the drug addiction surfaced... gud riddance.

Read the first post, please.

I wonder what the radio stations will do to fill his time slot?
I would bet his show was the only way some stations remained on the air.

The Rush Limbaugh.
D97DA3E9-338A-4AF2-B155-473F9BA8154A.jpeg

“TALENT on loan from God”
thanks slapstick

Last edited:
I started in radio in 1989.

From a broadcasting standpoint, he was incredibly influential in the literal salvation of some stations and a bolster to the AM side of the industry as more and more stations struggled after the rise of FM during the 80's. He, with a couple of others, brought about the advent of successful talk radio format after the tweaking or removal of long standing doctrines like the Fairness Doctrine.

No broadcaster before or since has ever had a larger audience than Rush. He was incredibly influential in politics and society.

If you enjoy talk radio or even cable 'news' outlets hosted by opinionated personalities, you can pretty much trace their lineage to Rush for his groundbreaking work.

Back