Road trip Wildcat wrecking

Mike Browne

Reaction score
Looks like I will be taking a road trip to Wildcat wrecking. From Napa to Portland is 10 hours. After 3 trips to Navada to by the car the wife is not happy about this trip and will not be going. I do not need to go they can ship the parts but I love walkin around wrecking yards. I do a lot of traveling for work and look up the local car and motorcycle wrecking yards before I travel. Is this an age thing? I do not need much for the car just want to go. Look to change some options.

If it's your 1st trip to Wildcat plan on staying over. And if you don't see in the yard what you're lookin' for ask 'um. They've got wooden boxes stacked on shelves in the main building that are full of very nice used little stuff and very nice bigger stuff stashed everywhere. I walked out of there one time with both halves of an exhaust set for A-body 273 engine that was cast without the butterfly in the passenger side for all of $25 and they thanked me for takin' it off their handz. To say their nice folks to deal with iz an understatement so enjoy, Jer

Awesome awesome place, purchased n my donor 69 Plymouth wagon from them. Very nice people, make sure you get directions from them, GPS has leaf some folks to the wrong side of the moutain. Count on an hour to get there from portland. Did the drive frome the airport, inspection, purchase, drive back and flight back to chicago in a day

Dang I used to live in Vancouver and never knew about a yard so close! Then again, I wasn't looking at that time. Do they sell online or over the phone, etc?

Yes over the phone, they do have a Web site more for browsing, a good place to start. Very helpful with photos when requested

Yes over the phone, they do have a Web site more for browsing, a good place to start. Very helpful with photos when requested

Yeah, they havent been helpful for me. My last dealing with them I had asked for more information on a parts / project car they have. I was in Idaho over the summer and would have liked to have a reason to drive the 11 hours each way to visit Wildcat. I was in a position to buy and to trailer said car home. I called a few times and e mailed once. They had said they would give me the information requested but I never heard from them.
I was disappointed , so close

Last edited:
Places like this are interesting. They are well known in Mopar circles and although that's good for business, it's bad for prices (for example they start at $45.00 each for script moudings-which I find ridiculous) it also means that the odds of them having what you want is diminished because someone already cleaned them out in online sales.

I went there looking for 73/74 Charger rear sway bar Iso clamp brackets- zip, none.

It will probably make for a nice walk in the scrap, though.

Looks like I will be taking a road trip to Wildcat wrecking. From Napa to Portland is 10 hours. After 3 trips to Navada to by the car the wife is not happy about this trip and will not be going. I do not need to go they can ship the parts but I love walkin around wrecking yards. I do a lot of traveling for work and look up the local car and motorcycle wrecking yards before I travel. Is this an age thing? I do not need much for the car just want to go. Look to change some options.
If you go, please take lots and lots of pictures for those of us who will probably never get there. Thank you.

No, it's worth it. Been a few years since I've been there. Ed, the owner is a good guy. Take a look at their Lancer race car. Cool old school.

Actually just last week I got a great set of pictures for a '68 Newport door shell I was looking at buying.

Actually just last week I got a great set of pictures for a '68 Newport door shell I was looking at buying.

Their sheet metal is actually pretty good. Given it rains a lot where they are at (Wildcat Mountain) it seems the rust doesn't set all that bad. However, their prices are steep. Given that they are the only show on the boat you really don't have many options.

There's another yard in Montana just off I-90. He has a lot of C bodies. Can't remember the name of the place, just know how to get there.

Just bought a car from there. Very helpful with pictures. Even ripped the carpet out to show me the floors of my Polara were solid. Shouldve maybe flown out and inspected it but I knew I wouldn't wanna leave without it plus I wouldn't be able to not look around.

Just bought a car from there. Very helpful with pictures. Even ripped the carpet out to show me the floors of my Polara were solid. Shouldve maybe flown out and inspected it but I knew I wouldn't wanna leave without it plus I wouldn't be able to not look around.

That's the exact car they WERENT helpful with.
Glad you rescued it.

Back