Road wheels for a 77 Newport

Pclancy

Reaction score
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but where could I buy a nice condition, period/model correct, set of Mopar road wheels for my 77 Newport? And how much would I need to pay?

Thanks everyone!

Search the ads, web sites, message boards, swap meets . It' all being at the right place at the right time .
There is a decent set of four on a Arizona Craigslist ad with tires but he won't ship.
Expect to pay on average 400

It's getting to be Swap Meet Car Event Season. Just have to get out and see what's there, unfortunately, as not everybody puts things online (although many do). Several bigger events in the northeast, then Carlisle, then Mopar Nats, etc.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I have a set in very good condition. The chrome plating alone wheel itself is still shiny. The center caps and rings are all in good shape. I think they were takeoffs on a car shortly after it was bought and they were just stored somewhere for a long time. This picture was taken a while back "with a cheap phone" and they were a little dusty. I would consider selling them and reasonable on price for this condition. 828 – 230 – 2699

IMG_4512.jpg

Last edited:
It's getting to be Swap Meet Car Event Season. Just have to get out and see what's there, unfortunately, as not everybody puts things online (although many do). Several bigger events in the northeast, then Carlisle, then Mopar Nats, etc.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

I picked up the ones below for $40 at a recent swap meet. If you're patient they will come, especially the partial sets/pieces. And like many things you can never have too many.
Road Wheels.jpg

I have a set in very good condition. The chrome plating alone wheel itself is still shiny. The center caps and rings are all in good shape. I think they were takeoffs on a car shortly after it was bought and they were just stored somewhere for a long time. This picture was taken a while back "with a cheap phone" and they were a little dusty. I would consider selling them and reasonable on price for this condition. 828 – 230 – 2699

View attachment 182974
Tried to call, but your VM box was full. Can you try and call me on 202-427-8025? I am 4 hours ahead of you. Thanks, Chris.

View attachment 182974
I have never purchased wheels for my Newport. Do I need to worry about whether these are the right size (spacing, holes, etc) and will my current tires fit. I don't know the tire size--I am not close to the vehicle.

Here's the link to the car:

1977 Chrysler Newport Coupe

Thanks folks.

My two cents... your wheel covers look fine to me.
Your're right of course. They are a slightly more premium version of the stock cover, no? I can't help myself. If I need to pay $400 for road wheels, and then Lord knows how much for shipping, and then installing, I'm looking at something close to $1k? Maybe sense will take over.

Your're right of course. They are a slightly more premium version of the stock cover, no? I can't help myself. If I need to pay $400 for road wheels, and then Lord knows how much for shipping, and then installing, I'm looking at something close to $1k? Maybe sense will take over.
Your covers are not such an easy find, and I like them. The wiser investment would be to drive 3 hours north in July and try to find a set at Carlisle... shipping vs gasoline... Carlisle is way more fun than craigslist.

Your covers are not such an easy find, and I like them. The wiser investment would be to drive 3 hours north in July and try to find a set at Carlisle... shipping vs gasoline... Carlisle is way more fun than craigslist.

There is usually 10 guys looking and four " ok" sets. Of those four three are over priced for driver quality.

Back