Rocker panel swaps

Wonderwagon

Reaction score
We that is my shop and I are getting ready to replace both rockers on my 69 suburban wagon. As I recall the doors between the sedans and wagons are interchangeable, so am I correct to believe the rockers and floor are. The only portion of the floor pan to be used is on the passenger rear seat for rust repair.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ............. :welcome:

I have a 69 Suburban and used a new carpet for a 4 door sedan so the floor pans are pretty much the same. The only difference was a couple of extra carpet pieces to fit either side of the rear seat.
The parts book says 6 & 9 passenger wagon rockers are the same but there are different part numbers for the 4 door sedan and another for the 4 door hardtop. I doubt that there is much difference between them though.

An odd question but what is the difference between a sedan and four door hardtop. I'm going to go with the 4 door option first, the yard only has one wagon and would hate to trash the entire car for the rockers

An odd question but what is the difference between a sedan and four door hardtop. I'm going to go with the 4 door option first, the yard only has one wagon and would hate to trash the entire car for the rockers

The 4 door hardtop likely has a different B pillar. I would thing a 4 door sedan would be closer to the wagon. Take pictures and compare.

Back