Roof Support?

mantlewearer

Reaction score
Does a 1978 New Yorker have a roof support, like maybe a beam through the center of the roof or something? Probably a dumb question, but the reason I'm asking, the fiberboard under the headliner in my car is loose. I'm just wondering if there's something under there that I might be able to put a screw in, pull the headliner board up without puncturing the exterior of the roof.
I know I could just have the headliner replaced, and maybe I'll do that "some day" but trying to think about a temporary repair.
This isn't just for the cloth liner; it's the board the cloth mounts to that is warped/loose.

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Most roof have supports, size, shape and placement might vary from one car to the next.
1969 Polara 4-door sedan
2012-02-20_003.jpg

Alan

luigi164

Reaction score
Does a 1978 New Yorker have a roof support, like maybe a beam through the center of the roof or something? Probably a dumb question, but the reason I'm asking, the fiberboard under the headliner in my car is loose. I'm just wondering if there's something under there that I might be able to put a screw in, pull the headliner board up without puncturing the exterior of the roof.
I know I could just have the headliner replaced, and maybe I'll do that "some day" but trying to think about a temporary repair.
This isn't just for the cloth liner; it's the board the cloth mounts to that is warped/loose.
Maybe you can use one of those strong neodymium magnets to hold the headliner up ?