RPM Act PLEASE READ!!!!

Reaction score
Guys, I know a good portion are probably not in the racing scene, but this affects everyone.

The EPA is at it again in their "review" of the clean air act. If they win, it will wipe out all forms of armature racing, where someone has started with a production vehicle and modify to what ever they desire to race. This would effect, drag racing, drifting, time attack, even your Friday night circle track racing. While you might not fit in to one of these categories as a car enthusiast, if the EPA wins it will decimate the aftermarket industry for all automotive enthusiasts.

How can you fight back?

Its simple, and it will take 30 seconds

Click on the link below and it will walk you thru sending (Automatically) a letter to your local senator.

Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act)

MODS, if you could please make this a sticky for a while

Thanks!

Guys, I know a good portion are probably not in the racing scene, but this affects everyone.

The EPA is at it again in their "review" of the clean air act. If they win, it will wipe out all forms of armature racing, where someone has started with a production vehicle and modify to what ever they desire to race. This would effect, drag racing, drifting, time attack, even your Friday night circle track racing. While you might not fit in to one of these categories as a car enthusiast, if the EPA wins it will decimate the aftermarket industry for all automotive enthusiasts.

How can you fight back?

Its simple, and it will take 30 seconds

Click on the link below and it will walk you thru sending (Automatically) a letter to your local senator.

Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act (RPM Act)

MODS, if you could please make this a sticky for a while

Thanks!

Mods, Sticky? Unlikely. I think I've seen 1 sticky in 10 years.

But I'll bump.

I tried but it won't go through without giving my phone number. I already get too much crap on my phone.

That site has so much trash attached it will take a week to remove that garbage from my phone. I did it, although I am not a fan of SEMA it is all we have. God knows the pansies at Nascar and the NHRA would never stand up to anyone, bunch of suck asses.
SEMA is just a wannabe power grab, like a friendly lawyer, sometimes you have to tolerate does not mean I choose to hang with you.

I tried but it won't go through without giving my phone number. I already get too much crap on my phone.

My answer is always my actual area code followed by random numbers. I've never had that rejected. These systems seem to detect 555 555 5555

Here is the response I got from my congressman.

"Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 5434, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act. I appreciate learning your opinions on this issue and value the opportunity to respond.

Although Title II of the Clean Air Act authorizes the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to regulate motor vehicles, EPA regulations have not applied to race cars. Congress acknowledged this exception in 1990 when it permitted the EPA to regulate “non-road vehicles” and clearly excluded any “vehicle used solely for competition” from the non-road definition. However, in 2016 the EPA published a new rule which overturned decades of precedent and subjected amateur non-road racing vehicles to regulation under the Clean Air Act standards for the first time. This change carried the potential of fines of up to $37,000 for individuals who modify their motor vehicle’s emissions systems. Due to significant opposition to this overreaching rule and its clear impacts on sport racing, EPA withdrew this flawed proposal in 2016.

In response, H.R.5434 was introduced to permanently exempt racecars in statute from regulation under the Clean Air Act, thereby precluding potential new rules targeting these vehicles. This legislation was referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce on December 16, 2019, where it awaits further action. While I am not a member of this Committee, please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this legislation come to the House floor for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting me. For more information on my policies and happenings around the 15th District and in Congress, please visit my website at thompson.house.gov. There you can sign up to receive periodic updates via my newsletter, The Thompson Times.

Sincerely,

Glenn Thompson
Member of Congress
KnVYfcmEwkst6IGk-FjQYaJI2rb3oLGXhXPRdW5l83jMsMk6cdSl6jE11LLd0uFlB6HLi8qZUm3COS-LJO7hg03AVFyM4YGFdtORUWhIVFYvlEy4p8kE1B7KrJr5sDEgZFJmdgJSa4U3QU_cObYBRl1IyTt1CVML3BvPSck=s0-d-e1-ft
"

Here is the response I got from my congressman.

"Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 5434, the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act. I appreciate learning your opinions on this issue and value the opportunity to respond.

Although Title II of the Clean Air Act authorizes the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to regulate motor vehicles, EPA regulations have not applied to race cars. Congress acknowledged this exception in 1990 when it permitted the EPA to regulate “non-road vehicles” and clearly excluded any “vehicle used solely for competition” from the non-road definition. However, in 2016 the EPA published a new rule which overturned decades of precedent and subjected amateur non-road racing vehicles to regulation under the Clean Air Act standards for the first time. This change carried the potential of fines of up to $37,000 for individuals who modify their motor vehicle’s emissions systems. Due to significant opposition to this overreaching rule and its clear impacts on sport racing, EPA withdrew this flawed proposal in 2016.

In response, H.R.5434 was introduced to permanently exempt racecars in statute from regulation under the Clean Air Act, thereby precluding potential new rules targeting these vehicles. This legislation was referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce on December 16, 2019, where it awaits further action. While I am not a member of this Committee, please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind should this legislation come to the House floor for a vote.

Thank you again for contacting me. For more information on my policies and happenings around the 15th District and in Congress, please visit my website at thompson.house.gov. There you can sign up to receive periodic updates via my newsletter, The Thompson Times.

Sincerely,

Glenn Thompson
Member of Congress
KnVYfcmEwkst6IGk-FjQYaJI2rb3oLGXhXPRdW5l83jMsMk6cdSl6jE11LLd0uFlB6HLi8qZUm3COS-LJO7hg03AVFyM4YGFdtORUWhIVFYvlEy4p8kE1B7KrJr5sDEgZFJmdgJSa4U3QU_cObYBRl1IyTt1CVML3BvPSck=s0-d-e1-ft
"
That seems about right. Nice of his office to actually break down the timeline to this point and where it is now. In contrast to the chicken little reaction from SEMA, their usual reaction, which I guess works with their lowest common denominator that they play to.
Sounds like your congressman is normal, there may be hope for the government yet.

Back