Run For The Sun

NCFury1963

Reaction score
Is anyone going to the Run For The Sun Car Show in Myrtle Beach this weekend? I am planning on driving my 1970 Plymouth Fury III down. I hope to have it ready to show by next year.
But if someone at the show has a 1969 Road Runner or a 1970 Cuda that is fully restored, I may see if they would swap me even. LOL

I love myrtle beach, my mother lived there for 25 yrs till her passing in 07. I'd love to come down for a car show, and the warm west too, but I'm the proud owner of a 1975 Chrysler New Yorker popsicle at the moment due to our recent Snowstorm here in New York and can't dig the car out for a few more weeks it seems. Take plenty of pics to share with those of us that can't partake..

I love myrtle beach, my mother lived there for 25 yrs till her passing in 07. I'd love to come down for a car show, and the warm west too, but I'm the proud owner of a 1975 Chrysler New Yorker popsicle at the moment due to our recent Snowstorm here in New York and can't dig the car out for a few more weeks it seems. Take plenty of pics to share with those of us that can't partake..
I will do that. Good luck

The car show was great and we had a blast. But there were enough Mustangs, Camaros and Novas that you couldn't spit without hitting one. There won't that many C Bodies.
On the bright side, I got a heck of a deal on some rims for my Fury
2017032195160525.jpg

The White '49 Caddy chopped fast back waz the show stopper az far az I'm concerned, Just Amazing, and done in White Pearl and I left the 35MM at home. I left lots ah drool on it, Jer

The White '49 Caddy chopped fast back waz the show stopper az far az I'm concerned, Just Amazing, and done in White Pearl and I left the 35MM at home. I left lots ah drool on it, Jer

I drooled all over this beauty. It was brought back to life from just a rusty body. The headlights still worked by vacuum like they were originally made.
20170318_140017.jpg

Yeah there neat. But if you've seen ah S'Bird you've seen 2,000 of 'um. Show me that color in ah '69 'Tona and I'll give you ah thumbz up. 25% of the S'Bird #s az we both well know, lol

Yeah there neat. But if you've seen ah S'Bird you've seen 2,000 of 'um. Show me that color in ah '69 'Tona and I'll give you ah thumbz up. 25% of the S'Bird #s az we both well know, lol
I agree with what you said, but it is a great looking car. And the guys on Graveyard Cars are the ones who did the rebuild.
But as for my dream cars, I sill like a 69 Roadrunner and the 72 Charger. I don't know why these two models have always had me drooling. They both have great lines and popped. I believe that the days of car being built and designed to stand out and pop are done and will never be back. My daily driver is a Honda Civic and it looks like every other car on the road. The only real difference is the emblem.
Even NASCAR has fallen into the same trap. Back in the 70's you could go and buy what they raced, but the cars they have now are just sheet metal fabricated at their shops.
Sorry about the soapbox and I know that I am not experienced enough to wear a grumpy old man hat yet. LOL

Back