Running rich I would assume ?

FuryDan66

Reaction score
I'm guessing too rich?

Screenshot_20180506-165500.png

Normally a too rich setting will leave black carbon deposits on the white insulator at the center of the plug. Yours looks clean. Just eyeballing the plug, is it wet with fuel? If that is the case, you probably have a carb that is flooding over due to a bad needle valve or a bad float. That will need to be fixed before worrying about any changes to the mixture settings.

Dave

Pull the dipstick and see if it smells of gasoline. IF it does, then an oil change will be needed, too.

CBODY67

Yes the spark plug was wet with fuel. I've gone through the carb and had reset the floats and cleaned up everything. I did notice though.... my fuel pressure is around 6.5-7 maybe too much?

Yes the spark plug was wet with fuel. I've gone through the carb and had reset the floats and cleaned up everything. I did notice though.... my fuel pressure is around 6.5-7 maybe too much?

That should be an acceptable fuel pressure. Remove the air cleaner and look down the carb throat while having a helper turn the car over, if you see fuel running out the air horns, you have a problem. Could be a float with a hole in it, a piece of dirt under the needle valve or some problem with the float adjustment. If you have an electric fuel pump, you will not need to turn the engine over.

Dave

Back