Saddest thing(s) I've seen lately.

I drove this one into storage, had a rusty roof but a fresh rebuilt 360 engine and 727 and loaded. Tried to sell it since 2019, parted it out and it went to metal recycler in January.

E3CCFE99-8D5C-42CB-8CE7-EDF16AEF1609.jpeg

7903A7EC-108E-4244-AF41-9563F61EDFCF.jpeg

I just got this one done . Been in storage 32 years. Unlike the fury, I won’t wait 3 years to part it out if nobody buys it, more like January next year before I start to get tired of paying storage and start yanking it apart.

9CB7D142-D282-4D12-AB1E-9D9B777983C6.jpeg

42D30A3A-78EF-4B49-9D82-D83A10E1B875.jpeg

@migsBIG Can I purchase the tags or original documentation off of any of these cars that you scrap or demo out? Hate to see the info just get trashed with no record.

I just got this one done . Been in storage 32 years. Unlike the fury, I won’t wait 3 years to part it out if nobody buys it, more like January next year before I start to get tired of paying storage and start yanking it apart.

View attachment 553363

View attachment 553364
As sad as it is, these old girls are an end of a wonderful era, but we can’t save them all.

The derby crap is just a blip. The tip of the iceberg as far as cars disappearing into the ozone. OK it is sad.

Most of the cars end up in wrecking yards over the years especially after they are in the 10-15 year old range. They are old enough that nobody wants to fix the mechanical problems as they are not worth it. Minor wrecks doom them too.

Personally I have been wrecking yarding for 50 years and have found pristine looking cars that were just tired mechanically....and I have beat the hell out them endlessly. Lately been concentrating on the PT Cruiser Convertibles...lots of them in the yards (2005-2008 were the years they were built). Most look nearly new...just nobody wants to spend the money to keep them running properly.
Plus few of them were made/sold due to the cost............so they are not common.

@migsBIG Can I purchase the tags or original documentation off of any of these cars that you scrap or demo out? Hate to see the info just get trashed with no record.
Sorry, I don’t vin tag and paperwork separate from cars I part out. Once I part a car out, those go with whomever buys the bodies or picks up for scrap. Fender tags is fine, but vin tags and body numbers stay on the car, sorry.

Fender tags are cool too. I'm fine with those. Totally understand the value of having the vin on a scrap car. Not so much the build sheet or window stickers. I'm always interested in saving information before scrapping/disappearing a car. thanks!

View attachment 553363

View attachment 553364

Very nice Chrysler! Were you not in California, I'd be very interested. But with hauling fees for the distance involved, and the car's size, approaching $3K these days (that's on an open hauler!), it's just not worth it to most people, sad to say. Hauling fees are really the deal-killer for cars less than $20K nowadays.

Very nice Chrysler! Were you not in California, I'd be very interested. But with hauling fees for the distance involved, and the car's size, approaching $3K these days (that's on an open hauler!), it's just not worth it to most people, sad to say. Hauling fees are really the deal-killer for cars less than $20K nowadays.
No, you can get cars bales pretty cheaply if you know what your doing. Less than $1800 and the years of not having to spend on doing body work and parts hunting is with it.

No, you can get cars bales pretty cheaply if you know what your doing. Less than $1800 and the years of not having to spend on doing body work and parts hunting is with it.

"Cheap hauling" and "arrives in one piece" seldom happen together. And yes, I've had cars hauled and have hauled for myself in the past.

Back